That Girl's A Different Girl Today

Izzy's POV:

"So how does he look like right now?" Sam asked as we ate from our ice-cream. We were sitting across each other at the table, and just like every time one of us had love related problems, we would get the ice-cream out and tell the other about them. Actually, Sam was the only one who knew about my whole story with Alex; hence, I'd decided to tell her about what had happened earlier today.

"He looks... strangely good" I admitted. Alex did look much more handsome than how I remembered him, but deep inside, I knew he'd changed completely, and I couldn't help but think that it wasn't my Alex anymore. My heart was still beating strongly with just remembering our sudden encounter, and how mean I'd been to him. He deserved all of it, Isabella.

"Izzy... what are you planning to do, then?"

"Leave things like they are" I stated, digging my spoon in the ice-cream.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely" I confirmed, just as I felt my phone buzzing on the kitchen countertop. Sam and I shared a confused look, but I simply got up from my chair and went for the phone. "Who could it be at this time of the night?"

"Oooh, I know!" Sam cheerfully exclaimed, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Logan!"

"Logan? The barman who works at the Rubble?" I spat in disbelief.

"Oh, yeah, don't pretend. The guy's been all over you for ages now" It was partially true. Logan worked at this bar called The Rubble, that Sam and I would always go to whenever we wanted to party for a while. We'd become friends, given that he started recognizing us after many weekends of seeing us at the bar, and there was a certain something going on between him and me.

"Oh, cut it out, already" I groaned. Still, when I noticed I had a message from an unknown number, I furrowed my brows at the phone. As my eyes scanned through the message, I could only feel my heart accelerating, and by the time I was done, my hands were shaking. "Oh, my God" I gasped, taking a hand to my mouth in utter shock.

"What? What happened?" Sam inquired, walking up next to me. Given that I was too stunned to answer her, she peeped from over my shoulder, and I heard her letting out a muffled squeal once she was done reading. "You're fucking kidding!" She yelled, staring dumbfounded at me, with her jaw almost dropping to the floor. "Oh, Izzy, you've got to be fucking kidding me! Alex Turner! Alex fucking Turner!"

"Yeah, he's not Alex Turner, he's a dick" I retorted.

"Who cares?! Answer him!"

"What?! Are you out of your fucking mind, Sam?!"

"Izzy, you've got to answer him!"

"I'm not answering him, he doesn't deserve any of my words" I hissed.

"Izzy, he's the only dude you've ever loved, he was the guy you first had sex with! He deserves some respect"

"Respect?!" I repeated in a high-pitched voice, louder than what I'd intended to. "After having shown no signs of life for six years to his lifelong best friend?!"