If I Were To Smackdown...

A/N

A short story created for the current Science Fiction Smackdown. This story is so named because I had NO intention of actually entering this smackdown. I had judged a couple in the past and I was currious but not enough to compete... So I decided to play along on my own and well... pretend I was making an entry. Turns out there were some openings and well.... here I am, for better or worse!!

I am using pictures 4, 2, 7, and 1... in that order (see slideshow on right). I hope you enjoy!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She hung off the wall, her wide eyes open and unseeing. There was the slightest hint of a smile on her face. Despite the M209 blaster she was equipped with, and the fact that she had never known happiness, the smile seemed to belong. When the time came, that alone would make her kind deadlier than her creators could ever have dreamed. If they were indeed capable of dreaming.

She was suspended and being charged for months by the alergion disk that spun behind her. Gradually it had been slowing, two days ago the disk had ceased being just a blur. Less and less energy was needed from it. The smaller disks at the end of each cable assembly had already gone still. All that was left was to provide her with a replicated consciousness.

The time had finally come. Two droids stood admiring the first of their new assassins.

“She really does look just like one of them.”

“Yes, and with the ridiculous thing they call style no one will ever notice her energy cell necklace. What about the rest?”

“We will have a full squadron ready in two weeks time, and they’ll each be deadlier than R12 ever was.”

“My replications?”

“Complete and ready to go, that is the only reason she is still connected.”

Extending a retractable appendage N29 poked her several times in various locations. “They are soft, that is excellent.”

“Yes and they will even bruise and bleed as appropriate.”

“Then it is time to send a warning those fools will surely ignore. L7, how many below?”

A third Droid sat nearby surrounded by monitors and input trays.

“Three, two on the hill one on the lake.”

“A female amongst them?”

“On the hill.”

“She’ll do, get a scan on her. I’d hate to have to think of a name suitable for one of them.”

“Her name is Alice Durwood.”

“Perfect, get my replication inserted and I’ll take prototype Alice on her first mission.”

The main disk became a blur once more as the mini disks also regained motion. The cables shuddered and squirmed like many tentacles suddenly come to life. As suddenly as the movement started the cable stopped and disconnected from the back of what little clothing she wore. With no gradual slow down this time all the disks came to a halt and she dropped.

She landed in a crouch, one hand on the floor, the other holding the blaster in the air. Alice stood, and stared at the owner of her consciousness. Reaching out she touched the droid, then making a fist she knocked on it.

“It is an honor to test this unit. I am looking forward to this mission and can’t wait to deal with that idiot Simmons.” She said as she turned towards the exit hatch. “But I do NOT enjoy this body.”