Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Start from the beginning

I followed them to her car and reluctantly sat in the back seat. It took forever to get to the 'normal' high school in Elmer County, but finally we were pulling into the parking lot. Kids were already rushing around, talking with their friends, or secretly doing homework in their cars. I laughed slightly to myself, but then I caught sight of the one thing that made me want to barf.

Travis was exchanging spit with Olivia.

Don't get me wrong- I understand that people, who are in a relationship, reserve the right to show PDA. But when I had to watch the guy I hate most making out with such a trashy girl...it was horrific. I quickly looked away.

Without a goodbye to Ashley, I jumped out of the car and raced to the side of the building. I was already late and I didn't want to make Kathy any later.

When I got the far side of the building, Kathy stood with her arms crossed and her body leaning against her red Porsche. I ran even faster when I caught sight of her, and as soon as I was buckled in her car, she sped down the road.

"You're a little late this morning," Kathy laughed at me. She was one of my best friends, the one person I knew I could trust. And I mean that literally.

I chuckled to myself. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I got up late and had to rush around. Then Chashley had a make out session in front of me. It was SUCH a great way to begin my day..."

One more thing I need to clear up- Chashley is Kathy and I's nickname for Ashley and Chad.

"Awe, I'm sorry! I know how they get on your nerves." Kathy turned a sharp corner, pressing on the gas only harder. Her special talent is that she can never miss. She can do anything and never mess up- whether it be driving crazy, yet staying on the road, or playing football and throwing precisely every time. She's always the athletic star.

"Eh, it's alright I guess. I'm just grateful I don't have to go to that retched school anymore." Ah, the beauty of being a Graced.

(N/A: I know that there is a book called Graceling where people who are born with special talents are called Gracelings. I couldn't think of a good word to 'call them' so I kind of used that...Sorry if irks anyone or anything! If you think you have a good name, tell me!!!!!)

* ݤ *

I closed my locker with a definite slam. I turned around sharply, only to meet a pair of crystal clear blue eyes. This was not happening!

"Good morning," Bastard-Boston smirked.

I didn't have time, or the patience, for him today. "Jerk off," I snapped.

"Only for you," he sneered. I wanted to slap him.

"Say one more word and I kick you where the sun don't shine."

"Who says the sun doesn't shine there?" That familiar, perverted gleam in his eye sent chills down my spine.

"You need to go 'cause coach is yelling for you to get your ass to class." I stared intently at Boston and he suddenly turned away. He began running to class.

Now, his coach didn't really yell at him. I just made him BELIEVE that his coach was. Aren't I a genius?

"Someone's having a tough morning," Marcus laughed next to me. Finally someone I actually liked was with me, minus Kathy.

"You bet 'cha! How's your Friday starting off?" I playfully shoved him in the arm and he chuckled along with me. He was my other best friend, as much as a guy can be.

"Pretty good actually!" Then he stopped in front of me, causing me to stumble forward. I hadn't known he was going to do that. "What is your opinion on me asking Kathy out?"