Learning of A Girl's Fate

Dexter POV

I was looking around an abandoned camp. Camp Crystal Lake, I believe they called it. Apparently it was shut down after a girl drowned. Drowning, one of the most painful ways to go. Helpless to do anything as you sink and lose breath, and the water fills your lungs. Should consider myself lucky that when I was killed by the bricks, it was instant. I noticed a woman near a cabin.

I immediately went over to them and they noticed me

I immediately went over to them and they noticed me. I put away my machete and axe so she didn't freak out. Normally I'd kill them, but I felt like I had to know why this place was shut down.

"Excuse me Miss. Do you know why this place was shut down?", I asked her, before noticing two dead bodies on the floor. That surprised me. The woman motioned for me to take a seat and I sat down on a blue chair.

"I can tell you about it. Would you mind taking off the mask so it's easier?", she asked. I felt a little uncomfortable about taking off my mask, mainly the black eye and the lightning scars. 

"I'm sorry Miss but I feel more comfortable keeping it on. My face isn't that normal", I replied but she smiled.

"I'm sure it's nothing", she replied. I slowly took my mask off and the woman gazed at my face. I could see an expression of surprise on her face as she touched the lightning scars that branched out across and over my right eye, which was pure black with a white pupil. 

"It's awful right? It just doesn't feel like it belongs", I said looking down. She placed a hand on my shoulder

"It's normal enough for a woman like me. I've seen things far worse", she replied and that made me feel better. She began to explain what happened. "Years ago, in 1957, a young girl drowned here. The counselors weren't paying any attention. They were off in the woods making love, while that poor girl drowned", she explained. I covered my mouth in shock. So it was true. A poor girl did drown here. She wasn't done explaining though. "Her name was Jaylen. I was working the day when it happened. I was the cook here, preparing the meals. Jaylen should have been watched at all times", she said as I listened intently. "If those counselors hadn't been making love, she may have still been alive", she finished as she looked down sadly. I wasn't sure what to do.

"So, Jaylen drowned because some people couldn't resist having sex in the woods? That is just disgusting...", I said to myself as i looked at my hockey mask that sat on my lap. The woman looked back at me.

"You see, Jaylen was my daughter. And today is her birthday", she said, which only shocked me more. 

"Is there a grave or something that we could visit? I'd like to pay my respects. I didn't know her at all, but no one should suffer the same fate as she did", I said as I fumbled with my mask. She shook her head

"Her body was never recovered, so we couldn't give her a proper burial. I just want this place to stay closed, forever. A reminder of that day....my sweet, innocent Jaylen. My only child...Jaylen", she said with tears in her eyes. Even I was starting to get a few tears.

"Miss, if it'll help you, I can stay here and ensure people...get the message...about this place staying closed", I said to her and she smiled a little

"My name is Pamela. Pamela Voorhees. What's yours?", she asked. 

"Dexter. Dexter Matthews.", I replied

"I'd like that, Dexter. I just want this place to stay closed, never to open again. I don't want a repeat of that day", she replied and I nodded. I put on my mask and grabbed my machete and axe and stood up, before heading to the door. I looked back at her

"I'll do whatever it takes to make sure people know to stay well away fro this place if they value their life", I said before I walked off. So the girl who drowned was Jaylen Voorhees. She was young when she drowned, so she probably couldn't swim. I set up a makeshift tent from logs and old rope that i found and sat in it, watching the quiet lake water under the sky. I had to admit, it was nice and silent and the water did provide a calming feeling, but I had to remember that this was also the site where a girl died. I had to be cautious about that. I soon grabbed a duvet and pillow from a nearby cabin and placed them in the tent before closing my eyes and going to sleep.