Hold on (lesbian story)

I know a lot of people enjoy my *ahem* special brand of romance. :) What I want to do is mix it up a bit. I know I know. You just want to hear what happened with Jessie and so on and so forth. Truth is, I am drowning in the river of sameness. Let's go for a journey. It may be short or it may be long. The only thing that is important is that we take it together. Are you ready?

-------------

First of all we need to learn as much as we can about this girl named Cat. Cat was born and raised in Ohio. Of course, she loved it there, but dreamed of something much bigger and better. She dreamed of wide open pastures and life without a care. She dreamed of a house with a ton of acres. A house that would be tasteful and yet beautiful, and of course white. When she slept all she could do was think about all the great things she would do and where she would go. She discovered herself when she was around 15. The first time she had ever kissed someone. And it had been a girl. Cat had gone to the party that her mother had told her not to. She had drank too much like her mother had warned her against. And she had suddenly became "that girl" at a party that was kissing another girl to entertain others. The problem was, she seemed to like it. Cat was beautiful. But at the time she was in a sort of awkward phase. The kind of phase where you could tell that in time she could be a true beauty. But her hair was just a little too curly, and her legs were just a little too long. And her pale skin only accentuated the freckles that she had inherited from her red headed mother. Thankfully, the color of her hair was perfect. She had, in fact, gotten her father's hair color. It was a light brown with natural blonde highlights. But I stray from the point.

Cat was at this huge party. Rather than at her friends house like she should have been. And it was loud. There was a circle in the middle of the room and Cat inched into it in order to see what was going on. Curiosity led her. So with a cup of beer in one hand, she gently made her way to the center. Only to see the thing that she dreaded the most. A bottle. On the floor. Pointed directly at her. The crowd went silent for a moment. And it took Cat a second to realize what had just happened. With a dazed look on her face she glanced around. Only to notice that everyone's gaze was no longer on her. It fell to a girl the stood opposite her in the circle. A girl that had probably already completely blossomed. She was perfection on a platter. And as the dark haired, dark eyed vixen sauntered across the circle to Cat, Cat's eyes widened in something that could only be described as fear. The girl smirked at Cat's reaction and then, not breaking eye contact, placed her lips on Cat's. They were soft. They tasted slightly of alcohol and watermelon. Cat's breath caught in her throat. She didn't know what to do. But the girl decided for her as she gently forced Cat's mouth open and slid her tongue inside. Suddenly the room seemed to blur out and the crowd's cheers and crude hoots and hollers seemed to fade into the background. And from that moment on. Cat just knew. She knew that there was something so perfect about a woman. Something so indescribably beautiful and stunning that every woman possessed. The same brand of sexy that drew in men time and time again, had finally broken down the barrier and led her to a stunning realization. She liked women.

Sure she had dated before. But had never even kissed one of her boyfriends. She had always just went through the motions. Holding hands while walking to class. Laughing at all their stupid jokes. And she had tried to ignore the nagging feeling that something was just not right. She was young after all. And the boys she dated tended to be rather stupid and often ignorant of a girls needs. She tried to ignore her curiosity for the same sex. The lingering glances that she tended to have when she saw a particularly beautiful girl. The empty feeling she had with every guy she had dated. And all it took, was one lingering kiss, at a stupid high school party. Weeks after this party she had gone over the kiss in her head a thousand times. And she had thought of nothing but the beautiful girl that had kissed her.