"I'll be there" He smiled. "Spiritually talking" He nervously chuckled. "I'll always be there for you, Izzy, no matter how many miles are in the middle of our way"

"Do you promise to call whenever you get the chance?"

"Of course, I will" He tenderly smiled at me, and I couldn't help but get him into a tight hug. "You know, out of all the people in this town, you're going to be the one I'll miss the most, Izzy"

"Really?"

"Yeah, you're not that easy to forget" He winked. "Besides, how could I forget? Even after everything you and me have been through together" We laughed, and I was sure that we were both thinking about the same things. We had let some stuff slip through our fingers every now and then, and we'd occasionally had sex more than just that first time. It was fun, and we did it because we both enjoyed being with each other so much, that we couldn't control it.

"I'll never forget you, Al. I'll pay you a visit during college holidays" I smirked, just as a deafening silence fell upon us. Before I could realize, Alex was leaning closer and closer towards me, and suddenly, his lips were on mine.

"Sorry" He muttered, abruptly breaking apart from me. "I... I didn't mean to do that, I actually don't know why I did it" I shamefully looked away from him, staring out into the sky and hugging my knees. "I... that was weird"

"Mhm" I hummed, nodding my head at him. It wasn't like we'd never kissed, but we never did it so tenderly, and so out of the blue. This was getting out of control very fast. "So... when are you leaving?" I asked, trying to cut through the tension between us.

"You're not going to like this, but... tomorrow"

"Tomorrow?!" I squealed, my eyes growing wide in shock. "Alex, why didn't you tell me before?!"

"I couldn't" He guiltily replied. "Mark forbid it"

"Oh, my God" I sighed, and I don't think I'd ever felt so sad in my life. "So we don't even have a whole day left to spend together"

"I know" He mumbled.

"I'm going to sleep" I determined, standing up from my spot. I could barely take this any longer, as I was already feeling how I was being left behind.

"Wait, Iz" Alex pleaded, taking my wrist in his hand. "Please, don't leave like this"

"I'll be there to say good bye to you tomorrow" I snapped. "Make sure you get a good night sleep before your flight" I spat, climbing down my rooftop and ignoring Alex's calls.

The next day, as I had promised, I walked to Alex's house, which was right next to mine, and greeted him good bye. There was only a brief exchange of words; our kiss from the day before still managed to recall us that strange awkwardness, and there were so many hard feelings from my part. We only hugged, and I watched as he put his suitcases in Mark's car trunk along with the rest of the Monkeys, to never see him again.

"Oh, don't you look absolutely adorable in that outfit?" My roommate, Sam, said as she looked at me with a finger pressed against her cheek. "Like any good fashion designer, you're dressed to kill"

"Oh, shut up, Sam! I'm dying here" I confessed. I'd moved to Los Angeles as an exchange student in order to finish the last year of my career, and Sam and I had met at a fashion show, in which she was making her debut as a model. She was crazy, but she held an eccentric beauty no one could compare to. She also had an endless passion for photography, and she was the person I loved the most here in LA. Actually, she'd been born in this city, so she knew every hot spot, and she'd introduced me to all of them, almost making me an LA woman myself. If it hadn't been for my very thick Yorkie accent, I think no one from Sheffield would recognize me anymore.