The last goodbye

"Beep, beep, beep" that was the only sound that filled Dean and Sam's ears. They looked at your lifeless body with tubes and wires attached to it. It's been 5 days since the accident and the brothers didn't have the guts to leave your side ever again.

The brothers sat on each side of your bed. Dean was holding your hand, rubbing it hoping that one finger will move for him and Sam looked at your chest rising and falling.

The silence filled the room except for the "beep" sound of the heart monitor until the door opened and a short looking doctor came into the room. "You're the family of Y/N Winchester ?" The doctor asked looking away from his clipboard. "We are! How is she doing? When will she wake up ?" Dean asked in a hurry while standing up. "Calm down Mr. Winchester one question at a time." He said calmly and looked back at his clipboard. "Because of damage, the arteries suffered we needed to amputate her leg, to save her. But I think you should worry about the fact, that we don't know if she will wake up. She lost too much blood." He explained to the brothers.

Sam and Dean just stood there in silence taking in what the doctor just said. They were in shock hearing that your leg needed to be amputated. "I will let you adjust this news." The doctor said and left the room. They both looked over to your body not knowing what to do.

——

1 week ago

"I think I found a hunt close by." you said excitedly while entering the kitchen with your laptop. "It's an easy one, a salt and burn." You placed your laptop on the table, the screen facing your brothers. "Then, what are we waiting for? Let's hit the road !" Dean said and stood up from his seat. Sam did the same and closed your laptop.

It was a few hours drive to get there. You found a motel and settled in. Sam and Dean got in there fake FBI suits and went to the police station while you stayed behind in the motel room doing research.

Dean POV

Sam and I got in Baby and drove to the police station. After we arrived there I grabbed our fake FBI badges and went inside. "Good Morning, we're here for the case of the man that was strangled in his house." Sam said politely, flashing our badges to the officers at the front desk "I didn't know that the FBI was involved in this case." One of the officers said. "We know, but we've been asked to come." I said stepping in the conversation. "Okay, follow me." He said and we followed him.

We entered the Sheriff's office and took a seat. "The FBI is interested in this kind of case ?" The sheriff asked. We both nodded. "Yeah, we are." I said. " Okay." The sheriff replied and took the file out of his drawer "Clark Mackenzie, 35 years old. The neighbor said that a woman came into his house and didn't leave. She said that it wasn't suspicious until she noticed that he didn't come out of his house for work." the Sheriff informed us. "It sounds a little weird but did you find any cold spots ?" Sam asked. The Sheriff shook his head. I looked over to Sam and gave a slight nod. "I think we know enough thank you." I said. We shook his hand and left the office with the file with us.

We got back to baby and stepped in. "So, no cold spots. Maybe just a desperate ex ?" I said opening the file just one more time. "Yeah, or maybe something else ?" Sam said. "Lets call Y/N, maybe she found something and we can pick up lunch, I'm starving." I said and grabbed my phone. I dialed Y/N number but she didn't pick up. I called one more time but she just didn't answer her phone. "What's wrong ?" Sam asked seeing me calling her phone one more time. "She's not picking up." I said putting the phone off my ear. "This isn't like Y/N." I started the car and drove as fast as I could to the motel room.

We got out the Impala as fast as we could after we arrived at the room and opened the door. There wasn't any sign of you. "Y/N ?!" I yelled looking around the room. There only was a sign of a fight in the room but you were nowhere to be found. Sam found your phone on the ground, broken. "She's gone," Sam said holding up the phone. "Son of a bitch !" I punched the wall.

Y/N POV

You slightly tried to open your eyes. You looked around the room only seeing darkness. You tried to move your arm but you only could do it for an inch. Then you realized what happened. "The Demon..." You said softly with wide eyes. Your breathing got faster, while your eyes finally adjusted to the darkness. You saw the blood covered instruments on a table next to you and the blood covered walls. You took a deep breath and tried to focus and not to panic. My brothers are gonna save me, you thought.

You waited for a while until you heard the door opening. A tall man with a wide grin entered the room and switched on the light. "You're awake. I hope they didn't hurt you." He said while looking at my body before he looking at me in the eyes. "Because I'm gonna do that." He said before he walked away to a reck, he grabbed an apron and walked back to you. "Let's begin shall we ?" He said and grabbed one of the instruments.

For hours he has been torturing you. He didn't even want to know anything from you he only wanted to hear you scream and beg. After two hours he finally stopped when he realized it was getting boring. You didn't have the energy to scream anymore and fell unconscious.

It didn't take long until you woke up again feeling a drastic pain in your leg. You looked up seeing the demon standing with a hammer. "Now, you won't go away." He laughed. You whimpered under your breath until he left the room and then cried out loud. It didn't take long until the pain became too much and you fell out of consciousness again.

Sam POV

It has been a day since Y/N was missing but thanks to Crowley we got a hint of where she could be. We didn't wait for him to finish his sentence and we got in baby. Crowley told us that she could be in one of the old hiding spots of the demons and gave us a location.

Both of us got out the car as fast as we could and grabbed our angel blades. We didn't have a plan or anything, we just stormed through the door with only one thing in our mind, saving you. We killed every demon that got on our path and opened every room to took if you were there. After six rooms we finally found you. You were in a really bad shape, and it only made me make worst. I grabbed you as careful as I could and walked out of the room, trying not to hit anything.

We brought you to the Hospital as fast as we could. We only took a step into the room and a nurse came in with a stretcher. She called one of the other nurses and got to the emergency room as soon as possible letting us standing there, helpless.

—–

Present time

Dean took a deep sigh and looked at your body, he took his seat by your side back and grabbed your hand again. "Please Y/N/N, open those eyes for me." He said and let a tear fell from his cheek. Sam looked at his heartbroken brother and couldn't help it and let a tear fall too.

For hours they sat beside your bed and looked at your chest that rises and fall peacefully. Dean and Sam were getting tired but they couldn't leave your side again. Sam's eyes almost fell shut until he heard the alarming sound of the heart monitor. Dean shot up from his seat and called one of the doctors. After a few seconds, the nurses and your doctor entered the room and they escorted your brothers out of the room and started CPR. Sam and Dean watched as the doctor tried his best to keep you alive but after ten minutes they couldn't do a thing anymore and stopped. "time of death 4:44 pm" The doctor confirmed.

The brothers looked at the nurse as she put the blanket over your body. The doctor gave a quick look at them to let them know they needed to say goodbye to you. They walked into the room and placed their hands on your body and sobbed. "Goodbye, little sis." They cried.