𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

Start from the beginning

"so they aborted the baby of course, then offered to pay us—me—to take the fall but they wouldn't press charges so I'd walk but it'd still show on my record. it was either that or they continue the trail and the possibility of me being tried as an adult. I didn't want to give up easily knowing there was a chance but my lawyer made me realize something that my dumbass didn't consider. regardless of money, regardless of status, she's white and I'm black, she's a girl and I'm a guy, no matter what I say, no matter what proof I have she'll win—'they'll always win' he said"

"so you admitted to rape even though you didn't do it?" I asked

"it was either that or risk being taken away from my moms for 11 years"

"and you were planning on telling me this when?"

"truthfully, never. it's a part of my past—even though it was two years ago. but the case was sealed, that's how I got into college"

I nodded then just started to look around my room. I don't even know what to say to that.

"wait...the case is sealed. how did you find out about it?" He asked looking at me confused

damn it.

"well uhh...my uh uncle he works for the FBI and umm..."

"you did a background check on me?" He asked in disbelief

"no. my uncle's did but it's normal according to my sister. but—"

"so your family went and looked into my private life, dug up a case that is sealed, all for what? you to break up with me?"

He was standing now and was pissed off.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I told them not to. I didn't even want to know the first time it was brought up but then my sister just blurted it out. our mom was raped when she was a teenager so it's a sensitive subject for my family. they just thought you'd be like the person who hurt my mom, and I deserve to know that don't I?"

He started to pace around my room raging. I was a little nervous, not that he'd hurt me or anything. more like hurt himself.

"first they didn't like me—which I can't really do shit about so I let that go. but then they try and replace me, and now they're trying to turn you against me? Cai I fuck with what we have heavy, you're the best thing in my life right now but I can't with your family. it was one thing not having their support but now they're looking into me?"

"w-what're you saying?" I asked

"I dunno. I really don't know, all I know is that I can't" He said before walking to the door "and don't follow me...I need to be alone right now"

He opened the door and slammed it shut on his way out. I just stared at it hoping it'd swing open and he'd be behind the door with open arms and forgiveness. But five minutes passed, and then 10, until I finally gave up.

I wanted to cry but I wasn't going to. He was worth the tears but I couldn't bring myself to shed them. My dad once told Storm and I that if a person is never worth our tears then we shouldn't shed them. But if I cry that'll mean it's actually over. Which it's not, it can't be.

My phone began to rang and coincidentally it was Storm. It was as if there was a camera in my room and they had just seen what happened. The way my family's been acting I wouldn't be surprised.