"Sit Wolfgang," she ordered her blazing green eyes matching mine.

"I can't just sit down and wait for shit to happen mum! my wife and child are fighting for their lives in there and you want me to sit?" my voice rising at each word.

She looked up at me and uncrossed her arms before standing up squaring up to me.

"Listen here, Wolfgang. First of all, I am your mother so you will talk to me in a different tone. Second of all watch your language. And thirdly I know that they are fighting for their lives you don't need to remind me. You need to suck it up honey because they need you to be the strong one here. You need to pull yourself together and be there for your sons too. you need to keep your head in the game, we let you have your emotional moment creating rampage for the past hour!"

She was about to continue her lecture when the same blue doors my pregnant wife went into opened revealing Dr Salvatore came out, tiredness written all over her face. She removed her surgical mask and made her way towards me.

"Mr Mortimer?" she called out softly to me, her scrubs stained in red making my heart clench.

"How are they? Are they alright? Can I go see them? Can–"

She shook her head and reached over to take my hand.

"Sweet, they are still not out of trouble." she took a deep breath in, my thoughts running wild.

"I need you to make a decision. This is not an easy one to make. Why don't we have a seat." she started but I didn't want to sit down.

"No, talk to me now. Tell me." my anger rising again.

"Sweet, there have been some complications. The bullet pierced the placenta creating a disruption sending Freyah into early labour. However, this has caused a lot of stress both on the baby and Freyah. She is losing a lot of blood which is sending her body into shut down. This is a very dangerous situation both for the mum and the baby."

She stopped to let the information sink in.

"Sweet, we can't save both of them. If we save one, we lose the other. I need you to make a choice Sweet, I know this will be hard but time is running out. If you don't make that decision soon you are going to lose both of them."

She held my arm, I could feel my mother's composure slowly slip through her fingers.

"I have to choose between my Wife and my daughter? I have to choose who gets to live? How am I supposed to make that decision? Huh! TELL ME!" I roared.

"I'll let you think, they are both stabilized for the moment but they can't hold the both of them for that long. Bear in mind that the baby is 22 weeks old, she is nowhere near the due date. If you were to choose her I need to let you know of the consequences. She will be highly premature and would need a lot of care, there is also the possibility that she will not make it. Think wisely." the doctor gave my arm a reassuring squeeze before walking off to a corner.

I felt my heart shattering all over again. I can't choose between either of them.

My wife or my unborn daughter.

Saoirse's words kept running in my mind.

Save her.

Save her.

Save her.

I just can't choose. I can't.

Between the woman I love and my daughter? How can I choose?

Save her.

I ran a hand over my face groaning before I turned around and caressed the wall with my knuckles again.

If I could change places and be the one that dies to save the both of them then I would make the swap with our even blinking twice. I love them both so much, but I can't lose both of them.

I took in a deep breath pulling my thoughts back into place.

Save her.

I walked over to the doctor my choice made.

"Save her."

______________________________

Who did Wolf chose to save?

What will happen next?

How will Wolf survive this situation?

Thoughts? Predictions?

Until next time my loves 

xoxoxo