Anytime You Want (My Chemical Romance, Frerard)

Gerard's POV

"Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!"

The sudden chanting woke me abruptly and continued to get increasingly louder until I was fully awake.

Rubbing my eye, I wiped a little eyeliner down my cheek and yawned slowly.

The chanting had begun to die down now and seemed to be coming from the courtyard outside the gymnasium. I couldn't see the victim from inside the art block on the other side of the park but I could tell whoever it was wouldn't get off lightly.

Daniel wasn't the forgiving type, he had a large group of jocks and airhead blondes who followed him around like sheep.

I must have fallen asleep while finishing off my project. I can't have been asleep long, the watercolors on my page were still wet and had also decided to smear all over one of my cheeks.

After attempting to wash my face in the sink with freezing water I screwed up my painting, threw it in the trash and left the art block, slamming the door with much more force than necessary.

The park and courtyard were quiet, Daniel was long gone.

I was about to press the play button on my MP3 player when a soft whimper caught my attention, peering round the corner of the gymnasium I spotted a boy.

A boy no older than me pressed up against the wall, his knees tucked under his chin and holding the sleeve of his hoodie to his lip.

It was the new kid in my class, I recognized him from the black skeleton gloves he had been asked to remove in our tutor group this morning.

remember his first name.

Something Iero?

He hadn't noticed me yet but I was taking in everything about him.

A long thin black strand of hair fell over his left eye from under his hood.

He was suddenly aware of my staring and lifted his sleeve from his lip. It didn't look too bad, Daniel could have done much worse.

At seeing his silver lip ring I shuddered.

I can't do needles.

He was surprisingly hot, the guys that usually got picked on looked more like me. But I served my time for that last year.

"What!?" He snapped at me.

I could understand his frustration, my mouth had fallen open at the sight of him.

I panicked and held my hand out to him, gesturing with my free hand for him to take it.

He looked shocked but hesitantly locked his fingers through mine