𝑻𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑨𝑻 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑫𝑰𝑹𝑻

Start from the beginning

"Taeyong! Mr. Lee! Calm down!" He shouts, gently grasping at Taeyong's shoulders, attempting to calm his hysterics. He instinctively curls into the nurse, sobbing his heart out. He rubs the hysterical boy's back gently, glancing around the room warily. "Shh, it's okay, you're safe now, shh," he shushes, and Taeyong's sobs begin to calm into shaky breaths and quiet hiccups.

"Is—is Yuta okay?" Taeyong asks shakily, voice broken. The nurse gives Taeyong a confused look.

"What—what do you mean? Wasn't he just here with you now?" The nurse asks in confusion. It was Taeyong's turn to now be confused. He sniffles, exhaling shakily.

"What? No...the nurses earlier said he couldn't stay with me tonight so he went home..." Taeyong says quietly throat hoarse. A sick feeling sits in the pit of his stomach. "Why?" Taeyong asks, voice dangerously low. It was the voice Taeyong used against criminals when he was Limitless.

The nurse swallows thickly, looking around the room. "Uh—there was someone in here with you. I assumed it was your friend, and he left just before you woke up."

Taeyong feels his blood run as cold as ice, boba eyes blowing wide.

Could it have been Magnito?

No, he doesn't know that I am Limitless.

Then...who?

"Can you pass me my phone please?" Taeyong asks lowly, his cheeks now sticky with dried tears. The nurse nods, unplugging Taeyong's phone sitting on the bedside table and handing it to him. Taeyong stares down at it, the screen cracked with bits of dried blood dotted on it. It made him shudder.

Taeyong turns away, gnawing painfully on his lip, unlocking the phone and tapping the phone icon in the top of the screen, a ringing sound emitting from the phone's speaker. He puts the phone to his ear, hand quivering. Yuta picks up within a few rings, answering with a groggy "hello".

"Yuta!" Taeyong cries, relief flooding his veins at the sound of his voice. "You're okay." It felt good to hear his best friend's voice after that nightmare—and the revelation that some stranger was in here with him.

He hears shuffling, and Taeyong presumes Yuta's sitting up. "Of course I'm okay, Yong," he pauses, then he speaks with a low tone. "A nightmare again?"

"Mhm," Taeyong hums, sniffling loudly. He hears Yuta sigh.

"I'm okay Yong, I'll be there in the morning okay?" He says, and Taeyong nods slowly, humming a small noise of approval.

"Yu...there's something else," Taeyong adds, throat tight.

"What is it?" Yuta's voice perks, sounding a little more alert now.

"None of the other guys told you there were going to come visit me tonight, did they?" Taeyong asks, already dreading the inevitable answer.

"...no..." Yuta takes a while to answer. His voice is low. "Why do you ask? What's wrong?"

Taeyong hesitates. "It—it's fine...I can tell you in the morning..."

"No, don't spring that kind of question on me then not tell me why. Was there some random person in your room with you or something?"

Taeyong bites his lip hard. "Yeah..."

Silence.

"Okay fuck it I'm coming back now." Yuta is angry.

"Okay Yuta...I'll see you soon." Yuta bids a quick, angry farewell and Taeyong hangs up and looks to the nurse. "Um...my friend is coming back, is that okay? I know visitor hours are over..."