I smiled and replied.

To unknown number @ 7:14: sure we can do something. id like to see u too:)

From Maxxie:) @ 7:15: alright id love to take u to this new restaurant on Olive. its a date;)

Whoa. A date? Shit, I never told him I was seeing someone. I didn't think I had to.

To Maxxie:) @ 7:16: sorry max but im seeing some1. this isnt a date. just 2 old friends having dinner together

From Maxxie:) @ 7:16: u gotta boyfriend? hmm im sure i can change that;)

To Maxxie @ 7:17: hes not technically my boyfriend but we have been seeing each other for a little over two weeks.

From Maxxie:) @ 7:18: well if hes not ur boyfriend then that means ur not his. im gonna make u mine babe;)

To Maxxie:) @ 7:19: max it isnt a date. i like the relationship im in now but thanks. what happened to u and ur girlfriend samantha?

From Maxxie:) @ 7:20: caught her cheating on me a week after i proposed to her. thats when i started not believing in soul mates. i was so bitter and disgusted with love. but now lou since i saw u today i feel like i have another chance

I blushed. Aw, that's cute, but I'm with Harry. And even though we had a fight, it doesn't mean I don't care about him. He's still my whole world. I miss him.

To Maxxie:) @ 7:22: sorry max but its not a date. im happy with harry he means so much to me. were ONLY having dinner

From Maxxie:) @ 7:23: okay lou i understand that ur happy with whoever it is ur with. he must be a great lad in order for u to turn me down lol

I rolled my eyes.

To Maxxie @ 7:24: bye max

From Maxxie @ 7:25: bye babe;)

"Okay, Lou go put these flowers in the vase next to the choir seats."

It was the next day and the funeral started in less than an hour. Mum was running around doing last minute things like making me put flowers in vases and making Lottie set out the remembrance cards. When I came back to from the vending machine in the hall I saw mum standing over the glossy white coffin.

"Mum, are you okay?" I placed a hand on her shoulder.

She turned to me with tears in her eyes. "I just can't believe she's gone. It felt it was just yesterday when she was here."

Mum was probably taking grandma's death the hardest. It was her mother. She always told stories of when she was young and some of the crazy things she'd get caught doing by grandma. They were extremely close. More like sisters than mum and daughter.

"I'm gonna miss her."

I nodded. "Me too, mum. Me too."

The funeral was sad. Well of course, I mean what funeral would be happy? It was filled with tears, screams, breakdowns and whatever else happens at a funeral.I wandered off in the cemetary. I couln't watch them put her in the ground. It would kill me. I walked down the gravelly road kicking pebbles, my hands buried deep in my pants pocket.

A black car pulled up to me, the window rolling down revealing no other than Max.

"Hey" he spoke.

I gave him a weak smile. "Hi."

"You okay?"

"I could be better that's for sure."

"I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Thanks."

"Hop on in. I'm sure you're hungry by now" he smiled.

"Yes."

I hopped in and buckled up. When I turned to Max, I saw him already staring at me.

"Um" I said.

Max placed his hand on my thigh and I shuddered. "Lou, I'm gonna help you forget about this horrible day. You don't deserve this."

That made me a little angry. A lot of people have been telling me I don't deserve certain things. They didn't know what I deserve. I'm a horrible person.

"Thanks, but I can't forget this day, ever. And please remove your hand" I gave him a hard look.

"Okay, sorry" he removed it.

The whole car ride was awkward as hell. For some reason, Max was making me feel very uncomfortable. He didn't seem like the same lad I saw yesterday at the store.

"I thought the service was really good. Mrs. Lincoln and your mum did an excellent job on the funeral."

Wow, Max. What a great way of helping me try to forget the funeral from bring it up.

"Shit, Lou I'm sorry. I said I was trying to make the day better and I'm not, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, yeah."

Flashes of the funeral flooded my mind. The singing, the tears, the people yelling 'why god? why?', the shaking, the speeches, my grandma's body...

I broke down right there.

It was just all too much. The funeral, the dead body, my parents, hiding Harry from my parents, the fight me and Harry had. Everything hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't know why the other stuff not related to the funeral came to me, but it did. Horribe things have been happening to me because I'm a fucking dumbarse. I tried to my hardest to put on a brave face, I really did. I tried to mask the pain and stress. But I guess I just wasn't strong enough.

Max immediately pulled the car over. "Louis, oh my god!" he gasped.

Sobs wracked my whole body. I was trembling and holding myself. Hot tears running down my cheeks. It felt like the whole world was closing it on me and it felt like there was a three hundred pound weight on my chest. Max wrapped his arms around me and put my head in his neck.

"Shhh, it's gonna be okay. Dammit, Lou! I'm sorry for bringing that up."

I didn't say anything. I just kept crying and crying til my eyes hurt. Max kept whispering sweet nothings to me and saying 'it's okay, you'll be fine, you're strong.'

I then started calming down, only silently crying and hiccuping. Max made me feel safe and warm. I needed someone and he was there for me.

"Shhh, baby you're fine. It's okay, it's okay" he kissed me on the forehead.

I let out a deep breath and suddenly that three hundred point weight was gone. I could breath again. I looked up at him and hiccuped. He smiled, staring at me with those piercing gray orbs. He then leaned in. My eyes bulged. I couldn't move. He was cradling my head so I couldn't move back.

His lips pressed to mine. They were delicate and firm. I kissed him back. I didn't know what I was doing. I felt like I needed this. I needed him. Just a comfort kiss to make me feel better. No biggie.

He finally leaned back after maybe four seconds. See, it was a harmless kiss. Didn't even last that long.

"Thanks, I needed that."

"You're welcome, babe" he smiled.

From then on we pulled back on the road and made our way to the restaurant. Max's job was done. He made me forget about everything. And I thanked him highly for it.

But why do I feel so guilty? The kiss meant nothing.