2

School is probably the most dreadful thing in the entire world. Every day is almost the same. You don't learn anything, the teachers don't even care. They hand you a paper, and you do it.

Today it seems to go by slow. I walk through the annoyingly familiar halls. I wish I could just get out of this town.
I've been apartment searching, but I just don't know where I should go.

As the day goes by, I've finished all my work, and also found some ideas on a new location.

New York City.

I have always wanted to live there. Plus, a new start might be exactly what I need.

With that in mind, I head home earlier than usual.

*******

"I'm home!"

I drop my bag on the couch, and head into the kitchen where Jay and Betty sit at the table.

Betty notices me first, "Oh, Aisley, you're home early."

Jay whips around fast, and jumps off his seat to come throw himself around my legs, "Aisley! I'm so happy you are home."

I smile, "Me too, baby boy. Now, sit down. I have a special announcement."

I lead him to his chair, and scoop him up, covering his cheeks with kisses as I sit him down, "So I have been thinking..." I sit down in front of them, "I hate this town, and I know you know I always have. So, I think it is time that we move."

Betty, "Move? Move to where?"

"New York City."

"When?"

"In a week. School ends for summer in 3 days."

"A week? How will we ever manage that?"

I smile, "I've already hired movers, and it's not like we have much to pack up."

"And a place?"

"Two story condo, 4 beds, 3 baths, full kitchen, den, living room, dining room, and a porch. Top two floors. $1500 a month, electric included. Paid up for 6 months already. We sign the lease upon arrival. You and Jay have the bottom floor to yourselves, I have top floor, with the upstairs master and a guest room, and the den, you will have the downstairs master bedroom and Jay has the other bedroom."

"Alright. So I guess we are moving."

I look at Jay, who has been very quiet, "What do you think?"

He shrugs, "Sounds like fun!"

Betty and I chuckle at the adorable 4 year old.

"To New York then."