Chapter 10: how could I?

Hey guys sorry it's been so long since I wrote! Starting back up again!

//////:::://////////::::///////::://////:::::::://////:::///////:;:/

Kate

'why did everything feel so different?' I wondered to myself as I walked down the row of dark unlit houses.

My body ached and my head was spinning and I couldn't exactly remember why I was on the bike trail. I slowly inched to elm street the place that my families house was.

'freddys gonna get me' I thought to myself as I crossed the street and began to stride up the side walk. I got a nasty feeling I was being watched so I jogged up to my house threw open the door and slammed it quickly before locking it.

I walked to up the stairs and jogged over to my room so I could quickly lock myself away in noticed.

"look who's back sage! Your whore of a daughter!" my father smirked down at me as he stumbled to the door of his room. Drunk.

My mother quickly replied "bill! Come sit back down leave the damn kid alone!" she was never the best mother but she protected me when needed.

That's just how my mother was. She could care less about anything I did or what happened to me. But if someone was going to physically or mentally hurt me she was on the case! Her mother had done the same. She had said it builds character. We grow up of our own choices not someone else's.

I yawned and closed the door locking it. I pulled off my shirt and shorts and pulled off my panties and bra. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes. I listened to the wind as it blew against my house I listened to my own breathing and the creaks and moans from the house.

This was home. For now. I closed my eyes and let my shitty world disappear from my eyes and I began to drift finally to sleep. I rolled over to face the window and as I did I could've sworn I had seen the cobey guy by my window but as my eyes closed I shook my head menatally there was no way.

Cobey

Watching her lay in her own bed broke my heart. I would have no more chances to kiss her, no more chances to fall asleep next to her. No more chances to have her mine.

'don't be stupid you moron this is a good thing you just saved her life from your hell' the voice in my head began to scream in my skull. I kept staring at her she was so beautiful I just wanted to touch her again. To hear her voice once more.

She rolled over and took a glance at me and closed her eyes. She wouldn't know it was me she would believe it was a dream. No human could be standing on the second story windows slim ledge like I could.

I watched her roll over and over again and again as she broke out in a sweat after she finally fell asleep. Her sighs were amazing and mesmerizing. Her mouth was moving and her nails were digging into her blankets. I remember those small daggers in my own skin.

"cobey..stay with me" she whispered ever so slightly that even I had trouble hearing. But I had heard them and those words had my heart pumping again.

I watched for a few minutes until I was distracted by the sound of a lock being picked. My eyes roamed the street and there was nothing but when I glanced back into the bedroom I realized it was coming from her door. I pulled myself closer to the side of the window and watched. I saw her father come in.

I could smell the liquor from outside. It was strong he was trashed. He walked up to the bed and stared at Kate for a long time his eyes slowly roaming her body she was named to. I could feel my fangs unsheathe and my anger began to build. I knew what was happening. I wouldn't be able to stop it. I dug my nails into the side of the house as I watched his pajama pants slip off. He crawled on the bed next to her and placed a hand on her sliding it under the blankets against her skin.