Chapter Two

~ A Year Later~

____________________________________________________________________

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" I yelled jumping into the lake behind Megan's summer house. Tabby and Meg looked over at me and shook their heads giving me a look like I was crazy, causing me in to laugh and stick my tongue out at them. After a few minutes Megan joined me in swimming while Abby decided to work on her tan.

"So Ri when is the concert again?" Meg asked as we grabbed our towels and dried off our hair.

"Next week.” I squealed excitedly. “Can you believe we are going to meet the boys?" I asked excitement dripping out of my voice.

"No! I really can't believe all of our parents are letting us stay here without supervision either." She said as she unlocked the front door. I nodded and walked up to the bed room I had claimed when we first got here; the soft purple walls invited me. I took out my journal and started to write. Before long Meg came knocking on my door.

"Hey Riley dinner's here." She said as she stood in the doorway. I nodded and slid my journal under my pillow and followed her into the kitchen, where Tabby was sitting the pizza box on the table. We grabbed plates and I got the milk out of the fridge.

"So Meg, when are your parents going to do a surprise inspection?" I asked absentmindedly nibbling on the end of my piece of pizza.

"Allie said either tomorrow or the day after the concert." She told us as she flipped her natural blonde hair over her shoulder.

"I'm still surprised dad let you come Ri." Tabby said as she looked up from her phone, no doubt texting her boyfriend Trey, I smiled.

"Me too, I guess he realized that I'm turning 17 this year and needed some freedom." I said as I swallowed my milk. "So is Trey going to get caught here?" I asked teasingly causing Abby to blush bright red.

"Oh my gosh Riley is Abby lunch tray?" Meg asked causing me to laugh and Abby to just shake her head causing her dirty blonde hair to fall out of it's extremely loss bun.

"Whenever Megs parents trust us enough that we won't bring boys here." She said with a smirk causing Meg and I to roll our eyes.

"So Riley, are you excited to meet the boys next week?" Megan asked trying to change the subject.

"Do you even have to ask? I can't wait to meet Harry" I exclaimed dreamily almost dropping my slice of pizza. "You know it's there last concert of the tour and they are staying in America for a couple of months!" I told them. Causing them to roll their eyes at me, the chatter lasted for a few more minutes before we decided to go to bed. I woke up to hear knock on my door and giggling, I looked up and was surprised when I saw Megan's little brother Daniel standing in the door way.

“What’s going on Daniel?" I asked groggily.

"Mom and Dad decided to do a surprise check." He said from the door. “And Megan said to wake you up." With that he left my room, closing the door with him. I stretchered and I yawned getting out of bed changing into a pair of shorts and an old concert T-shirt, putting my hair in a sloppy bun I headed down the stairs to see Megan's mom and dad sitting down at the table with Megan, Allie, Daniel and Abby.

"Good morning all." I said as I took a seat next to Megan.

"Morning, Riley." Everyone said as Elyse handed me a plate of homemade pancakes and a glass orange juice.

“Thank you." I told her before I dug in. When everyone was finished Megan's parents, David and Elyse, decided they were going to take the boat out so we all changed in to our swim suits, grabbed the inner-tubes and followed them out to the big boat. Megan's parents weren't rich but they were very well-off. After a day in the sun the Marks decided they better get going seeing as it was a six hour drive from Michigan to Ohio. We said our goodbyes and headed off for bed.

"Riley!" Megan exclaimed as she turned on my C.D player to One Thing causing me to sit up. "Come on Abby and I found these tree houses, you have to check them out!" She exclaimed. I looked at the clock and was surprised when it read 1:30 p.m. Nodding I changed into some light sweats and an old t-shirt not bothering to brush through my messy blonde hair. I followed Meg and Abby out to the vast forest that covered the majority of the property. We finally came to a stop after about twenty minutes of walking at a little clearing right next to the edge of the lake and their stood this monstrosity of a tree house. Well it was actually two tree houses a huge one and then a smaller one connected by a rope bridge I did have to say it was pretty cool. We went to explore it and all we found were dust bunnies. Megan and Tabby looked at me with a smirk on their faces, this was going to be our summer project and we couldn't wait.