Chapter 13: "Monthly goal to shave your hair off."

Start from the beginning

I thought of his stupid questions…

“Do you like milk?” I blurted out, keeping my eyes on the road.

He laughed so hard he hit his head on the window.

“Where did that come from?” He breathed shaking his head at me.

“I don’t know? Where do you pull all of your random questions from?” I asked a little pissed.

I thought it was a good one.

“Hey! Are… Are you dissing the questions?” He asked dramatically.

“Yes! Yes I am!” I said back, nodding.

“Those questions are strategic to the art of making friends.”

I snorted and rolled my eyes at him.

“How’s that going for you?”

He smirked at raised his hands and shook them in a ‘so so’ manner.

“Okay so far.” He replied slyly.

I snorted but didn’t reply, after all he was right. His stupid questions had slowly wormed their way into my life and his stupid presence came along with them.

Once the car was parked and locked Seth and I made our way into the diner, only speaking when he rammed the door into my face by ‘accident.’

Again, asshole.

“Seth? Melody…? What’s going on?” Hank, Jeremy’s Dad, asked as we entered the diner.

Shit!

I hadn’t thought of this!

“We’re skipping.”

With wide eyes I stared at Seth like he was the biggest fucktard in the world. Does he not realise this man could return us to school and report us?

“Oh? Why?” Hank asked crossing his arms over his chest.

I watched as Seth shrugged and placed a big warm hand onto my head, messing my hair as he done so.

“We needed to.” He simply answered smiling slightly at me when he caught my surprised look.

Hank looked between us, taking in Seth carefully before he sighed heavily in resignation.

“Fine! But don’t make this a habit… Oh? And Melody? There’s a bathroom over there if you want to… Clean up?” Hank said carefully, his eyes looking over my face and I realised I must look a wreck.

“Yeah, you look like shit. It’s just over there-Ow!” Seth began pointing in the same direction Hank had but stopped short when Hank smacked the back of his head, scowling at him.

“Off you go Melody.” Hank said smiling brightly at me.

I murmured a thanks and headed straight for the toilet.

God, Seth was right. I looked like shit.

Heck I looked like regurgitated shit.

I stared at my puffy eyes in the mirror with a frown, it was obvious I had been crying. Sighing I washed my face gently with some cold water and dried it off with the paper towels by the sinks. I looked back in the mirror and found no change other than the tear tracks being washed away from my cheeks.

I still looked like shit.

I stared back at my reflection for a while, trying to get my mind around everything that had happened in such a short amount of time. Seth’s parents were dead. He knew about my sisters. I cried in front of him. I hugged him like my life depended on it.