Chapter 2

I wake up the next morning to the sound of foot steps and whispering. I roll over in my bed trying to go back to sleep when I hear the whispering again. I blink twice trying to regain my vision and then the whispering stops in it's tracks. "Happy Birthday honey," my mom and dad yell at the same time. That's when I see my mom holding a plate, filled with chocolate pancakes, eggs, bacon and a strawberry smoothie. All my favorites!! "Thank you," I say with a genuine smile on my face for once.

That's when I notice keys in dad's hands. "Umm, dad what's that," I say in an excited voice trying to hold back a smile. Mom and dad look at each other knowingly. "The keys to your new car," they yell in unison. I scream, quickly grabbing the keys out his hands, running down three flights of stairs, and out the front door. In in front of our mansion is a hot pink Ashton Martin. See I knew there was something good about being an Alpha's daughter! I take my new car for a joyride no bothering to get dressed first. Then I go back to the house to get ready.

Hopping out of the shower I hear a knock at my door. Mom pokes her head in my room."Are you decent," she asks. "Yeah I guess," I reply. "So I went to the mall the other day and saw this dress that I thought you might like to wear today." I'm not really a dress kind of person, but I could never tell her that so I just smile and say thank you. "I'll just leave you to get dressed then," she say and walks out the door closing it behind her. I look inside the bag, to see it's one of though A-line dresses. It's black and the top part is made out of lace. It's cute, but when I put it on it makes me feel uncomfortable. I pair it with the black heels she bought me last summer. I walk into the bathroom and straighten my hair. Then I apply some smoky eyeshadow pink lipstick and gloss.

Walking into the study mom and dad look up at me at the same time. "Oh honey you look so grown up," my mom says. "Your mate is going to be one lucky guy. If he doesn't treat my little girl right I'll break him in half," dad adds. I roll my eyes at my dad's over protectiveness, but thank him any way. Suddenly my phone starts beeping. I look down and see I got a text from Jessica. "Mom, Dad Jessica just asked if I could hang out at her house for a little while can I go." They looked at each other like they did this morning. "Sure it's your birthday go have fun." They were acting really weird but I just shrugged it off, and drove to Jessie's.

Jessica's house was really boring. I'm so glad I'm almost home. All she did was talk my ear off the whole time and try to impressed me with stuff she has. Why can't I have one friend that I can actually talk to."When we meet our mate we'll be able to talk to him about anything," my wolf Katey said. I sigh knowing she is right and that we'll find him soon. Opening the door I notice that all lights are off, with is strange because my parent are almost always home and if they left they'd tell me. I turn the light switch on and three hundred people jump up, yelling surprise!

I can't say that I'm surprised but I act like I am, like I'm supposed to. They do this every year for my birthday. Each year the party is better than the one before and I have to say this one is the best one yet. Anything you can think of it was there. Chocolate fountain, waiters, a piano player, ice sculptures and much much more. But as the night wore on, me and my wolf started to get depressed because we haven't found our mate yet.

I decide to let her out because she was getting restless. I excused myself from the party and started to walk to the woods near my house. I hide behind a tree and shifted. My wolf is pure white with green blue eyes. It's rare to have a wolf like Katey, she is very powerful. That's why I have to be careful where I run, lots of hunters want to kill wolves like mine. I'm just running through the trees, the wind flowing through my fur. Trying to clear my mind of all the worries, when I stop to chase my tail.

Suddenly I feel a searing pain in my stomach. I fall on my side and start whimpering. My vision gets blurry. The sky starts spinning spinning then everything goes black.

What do you guys think?