eleven

i turned to my side, looking at rogers sleeping face

 i turned to my side, looking at rogers sleeping face. i smile softly, moving a piece of his soft blonde hair out of his face. tracing my fingers of the soft edges on this face. his slow, deep breathing bringing peace to my heart. how i wished we could've stayed in this moment for the rest of our lives. but a knock at the front door killed my every wish. i silently try and slip out of bed when roger groans and shifts towards me. i instantly stop moving, silently praying that i don't wake him. once his movements stop, i successfully slip out of bed, throwing on rogers shirt and a pair of pajama bottoms. i briskly make my way to the door where ashton is carrying a sleeping luke. he smiles at me and i open my arms for the small sleeping boy. 

"you have the number to the shop, i'm assuming. and charlie can pick him up early if you need him too. there's a little emergency phone book in luke's bag and i cannot stress this enough honey. thank you. really."

i smile nodding my head at him. 

"anything for my favorite boy." i whisper, stroking the back of luke's head as he cuddles into my neck. 

"he's was so excited to come this morning that he barely slept a wink last night. so he probably won't be up for a while. but don't let him sleep in past 10 please. we're trying to keep him on a schedule."

i nod my head and wave ashton away. 

"go you'll be late."

he nods, picking up his bag off of the floor. 

"thank you honey."

"you already said that and i've already said it isn't a problem. now go."

he smiles and runs off. i close the door behind me and turn to lay luke down on the couch. as i slip him off of my body, his grip tightens around my neck and he whimpers. i quickly pull him up, reattaching him to my body. well there goes going back to bed. i glance at the clock on the wall, reading the early time of 7am. the boys, including luke, most likely wouldn't be up for a while. so there was no use in making breakfast. on top of that, it was john's turn to make breakfast. instead, i decided to do some cleaning. seeing as last night camila and i had made a total mess of the apartment. i hummed softly and grabbed a rag out of one of the drawers. soaking it in some hot water. to say the least, cleaning the kitchen whilst humming and rocking a toddler back and forth to keep him from waking up was some of the hardest work i've ever had to do. and i grew up with john deacon. but after wiping down the counters, and sweeping about half of the kitchen. i put on a soothing record, dancing around the living room with the sleeping luke in my arms. singing softly as i cradle his small head in my hands, pressing light kisses above his ear. after about 10 minutes of this, my back starts to hurt, so i cram luke and i into the arm chair in the living room, making sure he was comfortable before letting the both of us doze off. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"this is the cutest fucking thing i've ever seen in my entire life."

"freddie please, they're sleeping."

"i want a queen baby. roger, give her a baby."

"alright listen here mate-"

"freddie that's my sister."

"alright and?"

"why don't you and mary have a baby?"

"because i don't want a baby right now. i just want one around. i don't want it to be mine"

"jesus fred."

i groan, furrowing my eyebrows and rubbing my eyes. adjusting my posture, still careful not to wake luke. roger smiles softly, sitting behind my head on the arm of the chair. his hand finds its' way through my hair and i smile up at him. he smiles back, leaning down to kiss me. john groans and freddie lets out a fake dry heave. i roll my eyes and look at the clock up on the wall. 8:39. well, at least i got some sleep. i look down at luke, his mouth slightly parted and his red hair clinging to his forehead. 

"you know, if he wasn't trying to steal you from me, i'd say he was pretty damn cute."

i look up at rog, rolling my eyes and standing up, taking luke with me. 

"why don't you take him to the room? or leave him asleep on the couch?" john asks as he cracks some eggs into a bowl. 

"because of this."

i lean over the couch, attempting to put luke down when his grip tightens again and he starts to whimper. freddie laughs and roger and john shake their heads. 

"and we thought roger was clingy."

"watch it fred."

"well i mean he's not wrong."

"you watch it goldie."

"if you wake him up i will not hesitate to latch him onto you. and that might be the rudest awakening luke will ever have."

"they've met before?" john asks as he put the kettle on. 

i nod my head, humming and rocking luke back and forth. 

"they met at the record store. they both stopped by to see me. luke hates him. says he's trying to steal his girlfriend."

"well i did make you my girlfriend long before he did."

"he's five."

"age is just a number."

"i don't like this conversation."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

luke sat across the table from roger, glaring intensely as the boys and i sat in the small restaurant. i sat at the head of the table, roger, freddie, and mary to my right and luke, john, and camila to my left. i give the two an amused look as the two boys share intense glances. i take a bite of my chicken and smile as the boys watch my boyfriend and the small human. luke squints his eyes and put his hand on mine. i smile and give his hand a small squeeze. roger raises his eyebrow and holds my other hand, to which i respond with an eyeroll. 

"how am i supposed to eat now?"

roger grabs my fork and puts a scoop of rice into my mouth. i chuckle softly and shake my head at the two boys antics. 

"tell you what luke. how about we share her, and i buy you some ice cream. hmm?"

luke pauses, giving him an intrigued look. 

"just ice cream?"

"with whatever topping you'd like."

"...can we go to the fair?"

"i thought you'd never ask kiddo."

luke gives roger and satisfied look and shakes his hand from across the table. 

"that exchange was the cutest thing i've ever seen in my life."

i giggle at mary and take a sip of my water. i nod my head and feel rogers hand slide onto my knee. 

"this is why i think you two should just shut up and have a baby."

"oh jeez fred."

"fred i'm only twenty."

"i don't think roger would have a problem with putting a baby i-"

"fred!"

"honey what does he mean?"

"oh dear god. you've done it now fred."

"well dearie, when a man and wom-"

"fred!"

"well jeez, have the whole restaurant yell at me why don't you?"