He couldn't keep sulking when Scarlett really tried to cheer him up.

"Fine, we'll make a quick stop first."

She looked happy that he agreed. Little did she know he'd basically agree to anything she'd suggest or maybe she did know. He didn't want to think about that. He didn't want to know if Scarlett found a way to manipulate him. He rather stayed oblivious then.

***

Scarlett wrapped her hand around his arm as they walked into the hotel lobby. He knew he had to prepare himself because the outside of the hotel already looked over the top. Christmas lights and Christmas trees everywhere, it was way over the top. As he looked around he could see that people quite enjoyed it though. Taking pictures in front of the decorated trees. Laughter spreading and making others smile as well. It was a good sign yet he didn't quite enjoy it.

"I love it!" Scarlett announced, glancing around like an overexcited kid who didn't know what to do or how to take it all in, "Noah is amazing" She sang.

"He's amazing indeed."

Lucian liked to see her smile like that and he was glad she really enjoyed the Christmas wonderland his brother created but at the same time he was disappointed. He seriously owed his brother. Said man approached them with opened arms, pulling him into a massive hug which made Scarlett step back and watch them carefully.

"You owe me," Noah whispered to him, giving him a firm pat against the back.

Lucian pulled away, "Yeah, I do. Great job." He gestured around them, "The woman obsessed with Christmas is pleased so I assume I need to praise you for a job well done."

Noah glanced at Scarlett, "Obsessed with Christmas?"

She made a face, her cheeks flustered as she looked away. Too embarrassed to face his brother.

"I'm not obsessed, Lucian is exaggerating."

He wasn't exaggerating it and they both knew it.

She huffed, "Fine!" She looked him straight in the eyes, ignoring how amused he was, "I love Christmas and I'm not afraid to share that love and excitement with others. Sue me." She trailed off.

"I think it's adorable that you love it that much." Noah told her, "Reminds me of my daughters who are also going crazy with the Christmas spirit this year. That reminds me-" Lucian squared his shoulder, getting ready for whatever his brother would throw at him when Noah focused on him, "Since you owe me how about you let your nieces stay with you over the weekend so I can have some time alone with my beautiful wife?"

"You want me to spend my next weekend with the girls?" He asked and nodded, "Fair enough I also owe them so that's a two birds with one stone situation."

Noah grinned, "Great." He then faced Scarlett who looked at them with a certain kind of warmth in her eyes, he couldn't put it into words. Maybe he could but he didn't want to because that would make this thing between them much more serious, "Want some hot chocolate before going home?" Noah asked.

"You're a mind reader." She giggled, "Make sure you put some extra whipped cream in his cup." She nodded toward Lucian, "He needs it right now."

"Rough weekend, huh?" Noah nodded, "I'll make sure to treat my little brother." He gestured to the red velvet couches by a smaller white Christmas tree which was decorated in silver and blue, "Why don't you two get comfy there. I'll make sure you get your hot chocolate."

Scarlett made her way to the couch first and he quickly followed. He sat down beside her, shaking his head when he heard her humming along with the quiet Christmas music playing in the background. This woman was way too obsessed. It wasn't even healthy anymore.

"So babysitting three little girls next weekend, that might be more challenging than facing your mother's trap head on."

"The girls are lovely." He told her, "At times a bit loud but I'd enjoy spending time with them a lot more than with my mother and her friends."

"They're loud and giggly?"

He grinned at her, "You're loud and giggly too."

She gasped, pretending to be offended by him, "You take that back, Mister Starr." She threatened him. The twitch of her lips told him she was just messing around.

Still trying to lighten the mood, he appreciated it. He did feel better already.

He chuckled, "I'm just stating the facts, Miss Archer."

"You're stating an opinion, not facts." She muttered, "But I suppose I can let you have that one."

He tensed up when she snuggled into his side, looking comfortable. She wouldn't move any time soon. He didn't want his brother to see them like that. Noah would definitely have an opinion about this but he couldn't push her away either. Her warmth at his side made him feel warm and comfy too.

"Your hot chocolate is coming right up." Noah approached them with a straight face, Scarlett probably didn't see it but he did. Noah was eating this up but tried to keep it down since they were in public, "Extra whipped cream for the both of you since you deserve it after the weekend you had."

"Thank you." Scarlett grinned at him,

He mirrored her grin, "I'll leave you two to it. See you Monday morning."

Monday morning his brother would burst through his office door and make his life a living hell. Noah would definitely not let this scene slip but he'd deal with it then. He was feeling a lot better with Scarlett at his side like this.

Listening to his brother making fun of him was worth it.