I 'Effin Love You part 27

Start from the beginning

"I don't blame ya. The guy has creepy written all over him," Paulie said from the back seat.

"He is a mobster," Bobby said. We laughed.

"I'm a mobster, and I'm not creepy," I said.

"Says you!" Tommy laughed harder. Paulie and Bobby laughed with him. I let my own chuckles escape while telling them to shut it. We got to my house and went inside right away to avoid the chance of running into someone from the Marcello's. I saw Summer's keys in the bowl when I came in.

"Sum Sum! You here?" I called out. No answer. That's weird. Normally she would have called out 'yes Jim-Jim!' But she didn't. Tommy looked at me.

"She not here?"

"Her keys are here. She should be," I said. Unless she was with Jay. Oh jeez. I wasn't going to let my little sister do that stuff when I was in the house. And at her age? No way, not on my watch. I ran up to her room to find it empty. I called down the stairs.

"Did I miss her or something? Is she down there?" I asked the guys.

"Not unless she's playing hide and seek!" Bobby called back. We searched the house for her without finding anything. I was officially getting freaked out. It was already dark out and she hasn't called to tell me where she was.

"Call her, man," Paulie said. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number. There was a ringing coming from the living room that sounded like Summer's ringer I.D. for me. Confused, the four of us went in the room and found Summer's phone on the ground. I hung up and picked her phone up. She had ten missed calls from Jay and one from me.

"Why is her phone there?" Bobby asked.

"Something's wrong," I said. "She never leaves her phone laying around the house. She always has it with her."

"Well, then where is she?" Tommy asked, getting just as worried as me. Tommy was always like an older brother to Summer like me. Paulie, Tommy, Bobby, and me all were. I called Jay.

"Summer, thank god. I'm on my way over right now," he answered.

"She's not with you?" I asked him.

"Jimmy? What are you talking about?" he asked.

"She's not here. I thought that she might be with you or something."

"She's not. I've been trying to call her but she wasn't answering her phone so I was just on my way over there," he said.

"She isn't here. She isn't with you. Then where is she?"

"I- I don't know," he said, sounding really worried. That douche got to her, didn't he?

"Have you seen Josh lately?" I asked him.

"No," he said. Then it must have clicked in his head.

-Jay's POV-

Why didn't I think of that? Of course it was a strong possibility that Josh got to her. Especially if she didn't have her phone with her. He must have taken her somewhere. The question was where, though.

"Where do you think he took her?" I asked Jimmy, turning to the right.

"Who knows? It's a big city. He could have taken her anywhere," he said.

"Where would the place be for him to get the most privacy?" I asked.

"He could take her to the middle of a street and beat the heck out of her and no one would even look up. This is New York. A place for privacy like that could be anywhere," he said. Well, I don't know if we should be that black and white about it. I would say that someone would look up if Summer was being beaten and try to do something about it. I was so confused. Where could she be?