Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"You did wonderful Marilyn, I am so proud of you. Tomorrow is going to be a breeze!" He said fixing the machine and taking the guards off me so that I could move. When I stood up from the table, I immediately felt dizzy and sat down. Dr. Lanzetta pulled a trash can next to me and I threw up in it. My throat was burning afterwards, but it felt so good to do it. I was not embarrassed at the slightest that I just blew chunks all over a doctors trash can.

"Don't worry, that happens to a lot of people," a nurse said escorting me to the women's restroom. Once we were there she took some paper towel and wet it down.

"I see you had a crowd out there," she said wiping my mouth. I opened my mouth- but the words wouldn't come out.

"There, there. No need to talk, I know you're drained mentally and physically. Just let me take care of ye'.. Would you like some water?" She asked escorting me out once she cleaned me up. I nodded and we headed to a patient lobby where I plopped myself down on a brown couch. The nurse returned with a bottle of water and I cup of ice cream. I nodded and smiled and drank the whole bottle of water. The ice cream didn't appeal to me right now, but it was just for the fact that I knew my stomach would not handle it well.

"Not eating-eh? Do you mind?" She grabbed the bowl of ice cream and I laughed at her," I'm Christine by the way, but you can call me Chrissy."

"Nice to meet you," I said smiling at her. She was a very nice nurse who took her job seriously, and I deeply admired her. We talked for awhile before the crew joined us.

"How are you holding up?" Layla asked hugging me.

"I'm doing fine," I said closing my eyes. My head was still hurting, but it was nothing compared to seeing Joe.

"Are you ready to leave?" He asked. I opened my eyes to confirm it was Joe and I closed them again.

"Yes. Thank you so much Chrissy. I will be back here tomorrow... If you'd like I could bring you that top," I said opening my eyes and looking at her as I stood up.

"That would be wonderful, I could bring you some chocolates tomorrow, yeah?" She asked standing up to hug me. We both hugged and I nodded a lot, hoping she would get the hint that I definitely wanted sweets. Joe, Caspar, Layla, and I waved to Chrissy and left the hospital in better moods than we were in getting here. At the same time, I was feeling very tired and done for the rest of the day.

"Tired?" Joe asked as he drove us to the flat. I put my hand up to my eyes and leaned up against the window.

"Like you would never believe," I replied. The fact was, I want even tired. I was drained... No energy whatsoever.

"We'll be home soon," he said staring straight at the road. Joe was a good guy. A part of me wanted to get back with him so bad because all we did was drop the label. We are both going to be acting the same to each other... It's just that he can sleep with different girls and I'll just be waiting for him on the sideline as I lose myself- in a sense.

"Joe and I broke up," I said out loud. Caspar and Layla both said,"what?!" in unison and I looked towards the back at both of them.

"It's temporary.. I just needed a rest while I'm dealing with this whole cancer thing... I have a lot going on," I said to them. Surprisingly, they weren't angry at me or sad at all. They understood me and my situation and really took it to heart.

"You guys will get back together. There's no way my sister would let a catch like Joe Sugg get away," Layla smiled at me. I high fived her and we laughed as Joe pulled into the drive.

Joe came around to my side and opened my door. He slung an arm around my shoulders and helped me walk to the entrance.

"Why would you tell them that we broke up?" He asked stopping me in my tracks. I looked over at him and he seemed genuinely upset.