•Chapter One•

Start from the beginning

She raised an eyebrow obviously not believing me. "Okay then would you like to repeat to the class what I was saying then" She said crossing her arms.

"Probably something boring" I said making the class laugh. I know it's rude but I mean it's probably true.

"Would you like to have detention?" She said irritated. I opened my mouth to speak but before I could say anything someone knocked on the classroom door. Mrs.Widdles sighed and opened the door. A guy walked in pushing up his glasses as he did.

I notice his fair skin that's painted with freckles, a brightly colored bandaid that's on the bridge of his nose, he has curly strawberry blonde hair which telling from his eyebrows his natural hair color is probably brown. I can't tell for sure but I'm pretty positive that his eyes are hazel with gold flecks.

"Gosh I'm terribly sorry I'm late Mrs. Waddles! I-" He was cut off by the teacher. "It's Mrs. Widdles" She says. Some students giggle and he nods and continues.

"Oh okay my bad again I'm so sorry for being late. I'm new here" He said genuinely sounding apologetic.

"It's fine just introduce yourself to the class if you don't mind" She said, she still seemed a bit irritated, probably my fault on that.

"Well I'm Maxwell Smith but I just go by max" He said with a shy smile.

"Nice name loser!" Jessica's jock boyfriend, Dalton, called out from the back of the class with a snicker. Some others in class snicker as well. He probably would have said something worse If we weren't in class.

The teacher gave a dissapproving glare to those students. She opened her mouth seeming to speak up and say something but Max spoke up before she got the chance to.

"Nice insult so very original" He said. Dalton went to speak but Max turned to the teacher before Dalton could say anything.

"is there assigned seats or may I sit just wherever?" He asked the teacher politely, not seeming to care what Daltons reaction was. I held back a laugh. Dalton seem pissed off as some of the students giggled which Dalton silenced with his glare.

"You can take a seat next to Jace, seeing as its the only empty seat here" She said gesturing to the seat beside me.

"Oh duh my bad, alright" He said with a smile and sat next to me. We locked eyes and he snuck me a small smile. I hesitantly gave a smile back.

As class continues I find myself sneaking glances at Max. He was paying attention to the teacher, taking notes, and raising his hand often. As for me I was either lost in thought or glancing at him for some reason.

I don't know why I'm paying as much of attention to him as I am. I usually ignore new students. I let out a light sigh. Maybe I'll get the chance to talk to him. Though maybe I shouldn't. I don't know if my friends and girlfriend would be okay with it.
Class ends and Max rushes out.

Lunch rolls around and so far Max only seemed to be in my first class. I get my food then head to my usual table that I always sit at with my friends and girlfriend. Jessica and Dalton included. Jessica's more of Courtney's friend then mine though.

I sit down, my girlfriend giving me a smile and kiss on the cheek as I do. I give a small fake smile back. I'm not surprised to hear Dalton fuming about what happened in first period.

"I can't believe the nerve of that guy!  He's got balls I'll give him that but if I run into that fag again I'm gonna beat the shit out of him" He said rage in his tone. I resisted flinching at his use of a homophobic slur. I'm bisexual but like hell I'm I coming out anytime soon.

"Cool down, don't you think you're over reacting a little" I say with hesitation. I don't know why, I know how easily pissed Dalton gets. It's honestly annoying that he can't control his own rage. He can get very violent very fast and I actually really worry for Jessica seeing as she dates him.

"I'm NOT fucking over reacting dude, that guy needs to be put in his place seriously, it's his first day he doesn't get to act like he's the shit" He said turning red with anger. I simply roll my eyes.

"You're really gonna get this mad over one remark man?" I ask, eating my soggy fries. I really need to start bringing my own lunch.

Next thing I know Im pulled up by the collar of my shirt by none other then Dalton who stood up and reached across the table to do so, what a shock. He has it to where we are face to face and Im met with his stinky breath, ew.

"You shut your mouth Jace, why are you defending the faggot?!" He screamed. Everyone else at our table didn't interfere, even my own girlfriend just sat and watched. We as well now had the attention of the whole cafeteria.

"First of all, I was simply trying to get you to fucking calm down a bit, second of all you really need to brush your teeth mo-" At that point Dalton had lost it and cut me off by swinging a punch at me. He hit me square in to the Jaw so hard that I fell back onto the ground with a loud thud, I feel a very sharp pain as everything goes dark and Im out cold.

Oof welp this is the end of the first chapter,,, I hope y'all enjoyed and that this doesn't suck so far.