thirty one

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n)?" A confused Gwen asked me. I had just landed at her house, and I knocked on her door.

"Hi Gwen. Can I... stay here for a while?" I asked, hesitantly. Gwen lived by herself, while her parents paid for her rent and lived somewhere else, since they were always away on business.

"Of course. Come in," she said, pulling the door open more. I had a backpack with my most important things in it.

"Thank you," I said quietly, taking off my shoes.

"What's up? Are you okay?" She asked.

"Peter cheated on me and I know he doesn't know where you live, so he won't find me here. I just wanted to get away for a while," I explained, trying not to cry. Gwen gave me a sympathetic look, and gave me a hug.

"Do you want me to beat his ass?" She asked, cracking her knuckles.

"That'd be great, but you might be arrested. Thank you, though," I said.

"Of course. Man, what a dick," Gwen said, walking into her living room. I followed her to the couch, and we sat down.

"This is the second time," I said quietly.

"What?" Gwen asked, angrily.

"Yeah. Before this he cheated on me with Mary Jane," I said.

"She's a slut. God, I hate that bitch. I was in a band with her, but we kicked her out because of her slutiness," Gwen explained. I chuckled.

"It's just.. I don't know. I'm so crazy in love with him, you know? I shouldn't have forgiven him the first time, and I certainly don't want to forgive him again, but I feel like I should," I said.

"I understand that. If my girlfriend cheated on me... man. I don't know what I'd do," Gwen said.

"You have a girlfriend? Who?" I asked, suddenly extremely interested.

"Oh! I never mentioned it to you, but I'm bisexual. My girlfriend is Bella," Gwen said. I smiled. I was happy for them.

"That's so cute!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you. But, I admit, not as cute as you and Peter. You guys are amazing together. I see why you're in a tough spot," Gwen said.

"The last time we were broken up, I was extremely depressed. It's just that I don't feel like he's crazy in love with me, you know?" I asked.

"(Y/n), I've seen the way that Peter looks at you. He's so madly in love with you. He's just an idiot. I highly doubt he did it because he wasn't in love with you," Gwen said.

"I miss him. Is that crazy of me to say? I literally just caught him cheating on me for the second time," I said. Suddenly, Gwen's eyes dimly glowed a faint green color. The stone on my wrist started to burn.

"You know what? Fuck him. You should kill that no-good son of a bitch. He hurt you," Gwen said. Something wrong was happening. This wasn't my friend. I quickly grabbed my backpack and ran out of her house.

I ran down the street, and then it started raining.

I stood in the rain, no idea where I was. Gwen lived far away, and I knew my way by flight, but not by walking. People were crawling the streets now, so I couldn't fly.

Suddenly, I saw a familiar face.

Chaz.

It was only for a split second, and then she was gone. I swore it was her. I wasn't going crazy.

Odd, how every time the stone on my wrist glowed and burned she was around.

Real odd.

I weaved my way through the streets and finally found my way to a familiar area.

A park.

I had a flashback.

"Peter! What are you doing?" I playfully yelled as Peter picked me up bridal style and carried me to the swings.

"Bringing you to the swings, silly," Peter said, setting me down in front of the swings. I looked deep into his eyes, and we shared a passionate kiss.

I shook the memory out of my head when I heard a pedestrian say something alarming.

"Look! It's Spiderman!"

I looked up to see a familiar red suited boy being flung through the air by his webs.

"Can we go somewhere private?" Peter asked, landing in front of me. I sighed and nodded. He picked me up by my waist and shot a web, flinging us into the sky. He swung for a while until he saw a clearing with no people. He landed.

When we got to the ground, I sat on a tree stump. Peter took off his mask. I refused to look at him.

"You probably hate me," he said. I sighed again.

"I don't hate you," I said, still not looking up.

"You should. I'm a terrible boyfriend," Peter said.

"You're right. Peter, I love you. But this is the second time," I said, standing up.

"(Y/n), I know. I'm an idiot," Peter said.

"Yeah. You know, I love you and all, but I'm done with this. I'm done with you," I said calmly. Peter let some tears slip. I quickly turned around and flew up.

Up and away.

-

I landed on top of Avengers tower, and then sat on the edge for a while.

"Kid?" I heard Bucky asked from behind me.

"Hey," I said unenthusiastically.

"What's wrong?" Bucky asked me.

"You probably heard it from Chaz. Peter cheated on me again," I said, trying not to cry.

"What a dick," Bucky said, sitting next to me.

"Yeah. The thing is, I still love him. Like, a lot," I said. Bucky sighed.

"I get that, kid. I'd say wait for a while. Maybe find someone else," Bucky suggested. I smiled slightly.

"Thanks Buck."

"Anytime."