trails

liked by kevinabstract, jobaisreal, camwall and 656 others himattchampion: ahhhhh

himattchampion: ahhhhh

user1: daddy
jobaisreal: greasy boy
camwall: super
load more comments

I looked myself over in the mirror, sighing. I wore the same white tube top I was earlier, a flannel over it, a pair of black leggings and yellow checkered vans. Matt didn't say where we were going, my nerves were getting the best of me.
"What if i'm not dressed nice enough?" I asked, turning to Amina who was sat on the floor in front of my bed. She looked at me for a moment, shrugging her shoulders and then turning her attention back to her phone. "Stop stressing b."
She was obviously preoccupied by something else, so i ended the conversation there, annoyed.
Amina got up and made her way over to me, fixing the collar on my flannel and then flipping my hair behind my back. "You look good Cam don't worry about it."
I smiled and nodded my head, my phone buzzed and a message from matt popped up.

himattchampion: almost there

I exhaled and stood up straight, trying my best to not let my nerves get the best of me. I hardly knew this guy, and he was obviously a lot cooler and more interesting than me. What was I even supposed to talk to him about? My thoughts were intruded by a knock on my apartment door.
"Good luck babe!" Amina said, smirking to herself "I'll be here, that is if you come home tonight."
"Bye-bye." I kissed her on the cheek and walked to the door, taking another deep breath before opening it. A smile on my face.
Matt stood in front of me, wearing a pair of black jeans, a button up shirt and a black beanie. Good, so i was dressed just fine. Fuck. He looked good. Matt spoke before I did, his voice was deep.
"You look nice, cam."
My cheeks got hot and I looked down to my feet. What's going on? I was never like this. It's probably just because he's in a band.
"You do too, champion."
He chuckled at my use of his last name and ticked his head to the side.
"Let's go." He smiled. Fuck. He has dimples.
I followed him out, sitting in the passenger seat of his car. Music played quietly through the speakers.
"So you live around here?" I asked, part of me already knew the answer was yes but I wasn't sure.
"Yeah," he shifted his gaze from the road over to me, "not far from you actually"
It took a while for him to look away from me and back to the road, making the butterflies in my stomach flutter once again.
"Aren't you gonna ask me where we're going?" Matt chuckled, looking at me again.
"I figured you'd wanna keep it a surprise, where we going?" I asked, surprisingly he was easy to talk to.
"I'll keep it a suprise," he chuckled, "but we're getting pizza. So i hope you like it, I didn't even think to ask." He seemed like he was just as nervous as I was, which made me feel better.
"Pizzas great." I replied, turning the music up
Loving is easy by rex orange county was playing, I hummed along quietly to the words.

Matt and I both sat listening to music together for the rest of the ride. We stopped to get pizza, then pulled into the parking lot of a nature center. It was still fairly light outside. He spoke up.
"They have some pretty cool trails here, it's really pretty. I thought we'd walk to a picnic spot, eat and then explore a bit"
I smiled, it was sweet and i've never been on a date like this before. Wait. Was this a date? I don't know.
"Oh...So this is where you take all the girls you dm on instagram huh? And then what? Kill them and hide the bodies in the woods? Wow, Champion, i'm flattered." I teased.
Matt laughed, shaking his head. "Damnit, Wall. You caught me."
The two of us got out of the car and walked for about five minutes. Matt stopped at a picnic bench and put down the box of pizza. We sat opposite from each other, I looked down at my hands.
"Look at me." He said, I looked up and gave him a smile, resting my head on the palm of my hand.

  We talked a bit as we ate, Matt was really nice and interesting. He talked about his band, brockhampton, their music and even the music he worked on by himself.
"So what made you want to hangout with me?" I asked
Matt shrugged, finishing his last couple bites of pizza. "I don't get to hang around many people other than the boys." I nodded, getting up and wiping the crumbs off of my pants.
"Also I thought you were cute" He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck as he did.