Reconnection

tumblr prompt: Could you do foxxay in the greenhouse right after misty gets back?

"I see it didn't take you long to find your way around here again."

Cordelia chucked softly as she stood at the door of the greenhouse, resting her head on the door frame. Misty looked up from the plant she was healing with her usual innocent gaze.

"Miss Cordelia. I...I'm sorry." She muttered in confusion.

"Misty, you're home. This is your home. You don't need to apologize."

The swamp witch's face lit up as Cordelia placed a hand on her shoulder, a wide smile across her face. With their eyes starting to tear up, they both laughed softly before Misty wrapped her arms around the woman's body, squeezing her into a tight hug.

"I still can't believe that I'm home."

Tears were rolling down Cordelia's cheeks as she rested her head on the other witch's shoulder.

"I...I can't either."

Misty stepped back and pretended to get back to her spell, although she just wanted to grab Codelia's attention.

"I'll leave you to it then." Cordelia stepped back, thinking she wanted her to leave her alone. Misty looked up and simply nodded, she waited for the witch to reach the door.

"Wait."

Cordelia turned around, hiding her surprise behind a soft smile. Misty pointed at the plant and potions surrounding her.

"Would you.. would you help me with this?"

Cordelia flashed a smile and made her way to the other side of the work surface. Misty didn't actually need any assistance, as she knew how to perform this spell perfectly. This was just a pretext to spend more time with the woman, she was way too shy to ask her to do so without a valid reason.

Misty wouldn't have needed a huge effort to succeed at the revival of the plant, yet she continued to pretend she couldn't do it alone, her face covered in confusion. Seeing her hesitation, Cordelia stood behind curly blonde locks and guided Misty's hands with hers. The swamp witch felt a light tingle at the woman's touch, she was hoping that Cordelia wouldn't notice her sudden blushing.

It wasn't long before Cordelia realized the witch was messing with her. She took a step back and just stared at her, ready to see her reaction. As Misty turned around, worry spreading across her face, she let out a soft laugh.

"I know you're perfectly capable of finishing this on your own." She stated in a unusually dry tone.

Misty's expression was priceless, Cordelia thought. She burst into laughter, unable to contain herself any longer. Wide eyed Misty stared at the woman, soon softly chuckling along with her. She nudged her elbow teasingly.

"Why would you do that?"

"Do what?" Cordelia asked, going on with Misty's little game, not caring to hide her grinning.

Misty just smirked and looked down to her plant, she wanted to see what Cordelia would do if she just ignored her.

The supreme pretended not to notice and leant over Misty's shoulder to observe. Since the swamp witch seemed to be deeply concentrated and ignoring her deliberately, she felt a little hurt, unsure whether this was still just teasing.

"Hey. What are you doing?"

Misty looked up, her ocean eyes dazzling under the dim lighting.

"Oh come on. You don't want me to do this for you, do you?" She joked. Misty simply shrugged her shoulders.

"Miss Cordelia... can I say something?"

"Anything dear. You can tell me anything." Cordelia sighed softly, she continued. "I.. i just cant believe that I have you here. I've waited for this moment, I've spent countless days wishing for you return. Now that you're home, I will not let anything happen to you again, ever"

Misty faced the woman and took her hands in hers.

"I've repeated this spell hundreds of times. But please, I don't want you to leave. I don't need help with this." She motionned the witchcraft equipment. "All I need is you."