Chapter 2

Olive's POV;

I see the guy from earlier walk in. I still don't know why he's here.

"Hey, how're you doing?" he says and sits in the chair next to my mom. When I don't answer him, my mom does for me.

"She's alright." She smiles at me. "Hanging in there, you know... Who are you again?" Thank God I'm not the only one who doesn't know him.

"Niall Horan," he says and shakes her hand. He looks at me again and sees if I recognize him. Which I don't.

"Ahh," she says as if she knew him. "So this is the Niall I've heard so much about."

"Where?" I ask. Still not sure what's going on.

"What are you talking about?" Mom laughs and Niall looks down. "From you of course! Although, all I'd have to do is turn on the TV to see him..."

"What?" I ask. What is she talking about? Why would he be on TV?

"You don't remember?" She looks at me like she doesn't understand. Probably the same look that I'm giving her.

"Nope," Niall says while looking at the ground. "Remembers everyone but me."

"Nothing?" Mom asks him.

"Nothing," he confirms.

"What is going on?!" I almost shout. "Why won't anyone tell me what happened?!"

"Nobody told her?" Niall asks and gets up. He turns and looks at me and almost says something.

"You slipped down the stairs and fell through the glass door in the enterance to your building. Luckily Ronald found you and brought you here." Mom smiles and rubs the bandage on my hair. I don't remember any of this, but it sounds like something I would do.

"Where is Ronald anyway?" I ask, wondering where my boyfriend is. My mom says he'll be there soon, but maybe not today.

Niall walks out of the room at that point and mom says she had to tell him something. Why is this guy still around? I mean, I guess he is someone I knew, but I don't anymore so why won't he just let it go?

The doctor comes in and tells me I have to stay for the night, but that I can leave with my mom in the morning. I thank him for everything and drift off into a dreamless sleep.

Niall's POV;

"Niall," I hear someone say. "Wait. We should talk."

Olives mom grabs my shoulder and turns me towards her. "Why hasn't anyone told her?"

"I'm surprised you haven't," she says. She knows I'm not the type to lie to someone I love.

"Like she would believe me. She doesn't even remember me!"

"Just go with my story for now, Niall. Please." She gives me a look that is filled with sadness and desperation. I turn around but she still keeps talking. "Please. He doesn't need this right now. Besides, it would just hurt Olive more than she already is."

"How can you stand up for him like this? This man hurt her. He is the reason she doesn't remember me!" I was half shouting at this point, but frankly, I didn't give a damn.

"She doesn't remember it and neither will any of us." She steps closer and says this in a threatening tone. "I can ruin your carrer, Niall Horan. I know people. I can ruin your whole little boyband. Do you understand what I'm saying, Niall?"

I narrow my eyes. "Now I know why Olive calls you a bitch."

"Careful little boy. I'd watch what I say if I were you." What the hell? how did this bitch give birth to the sweetest girl I know?

"I'm not gonna be the one to tell her, but I'm sure she'll figure it out when he does this again." I say and leave her there to gape at me now.

How can she want to save him? I get that Olive loved him at one point, but he is the one who did this to her. And that is something that's simply unforgivable.

Olive's POV;

"Mom, you don't have to do all this." Really, I just wanted her to go home. There is a reason I don't talk to her. My mom is a bitch. Honestly I don't blame my dad for leaving, but I don't forgive him for not taking me with him.

Mom clomps in her black platform Louboutins over to one of the stools at the breakfast bar in my kitchen. "It's alright, honey. I enjoy this. Besides I haven't been to this new apartment yet!"

"They call them 'flats' here, not apartments, but it's hard to get used to, I know." I live in the same building as Liam, Zayn, and Harry and Louis. I look around the room. I suddenly get the urge to play. "Where's the piano. I swear I had a piano in here somewhere." Mom stares at me in disbelief. I don't understand. "What?"

"Nothing. Just... I think you said you went to get it fixed."

"Oh..." I say. "Did I happen to mention where I was going to get it fixed?"

She pauses to think for a moment. "Yeah. I'll have them drop it off tomorrow for you."

"Okay..." I go to my room to change into some more comfy clothes than the skin-tight Buckle jeans and this semi-loose Express top that my mom bought me to go home from the hospital in this morning. I search my drawers and find that there are no clothes in them. I check the closet. There are a few t-shirts and a pair of boxers. Why are there boxers in my closet? I pick out the longest T-shirt I have and put it on. It says Jack Wills and I assume it's Harry's because he loves this brand. Why don't I have any clothes?

I hear a knock at the door and go to answer it. The door opens by itself. Did I forget to lock it?

"Hey..." Niall walks in with a duffel bag in his hands. What is he doing here and why would he just walk in? "I figured you'd need these..." His eyes shoot straight for my bare legs and blushes. He looks away quickly and shoves the bag into my hands. I look inside.

"Why do you have my clothes?" I ask him. Creep.

"You were kind of living with me before..." He looks down again. This guy has a serious problem with eye-contact.

When he finally looks up, it's not to my eyes, but to my chest. This kid is seriously getting more creepy by the second. He lets out a breath, as if he'd just been punched in the stomach. I fold my arms, hoping he'd get the idea. Why is he so weird?

"What?" I ask and he finally looks into my eyes.

Niall's POV;

I felt like I'd been punched. Hard.

"That's my shirt." I look down again. "And I wasn't staring at your boobs, if that's what you think."

"Do you want it back or something?" I could tell she was confused. Why would she have a stranger's shirt, right?

"No, no, keep it," I say and up my hands. "I'm pretty sure you have a pair of my boxers too."

She stares at me and pulls down the long t-shirt. "Is that all?"

"Yeah," I say but I still stand there. Having her be so distant is something I'll have to get used to. Or will I? "We should talk later, maybe you'll remember me if we spend some time together?"

"Maybe..." She looked away. I could tell she was hesitant.

"Look, I get you don't remember me, but we were best friends for the last two years. Maybe I can help you remember some things. There has got to be other things you've been wondering about..."

"Yeah I guess there are..." She still sounds hesitant, but I know she wants to know more.

"Meet me tonight on the roof." I start walking away, but then turn around. "It's where we'd always sneak up to. The key for it is in your wallet. The black one."

She still looked unsure and extremely confused, but somehow I knew she would show up anyway.