chapter three

Chapter Three

Moriah

As I had expected, I was in trouble when I got home.

"Its five thirty-one young lady, just what has kept you?"

My step-dad walked out of the kitchen, looking as mad as ever. He always looked the same; blue eyes, black hair that was graying, and was wearing a suit; he always wore a suit, never jeans, T-shirt, or anything else. Also, as always, his grammar sounded wrong, and sometimes was.

"I was at Sakura's house, and I didn't leave until about five ten, and, by running, it takes twenty minutes to get home."

He just stared at me, and then said, "We ate dinner, and it's all gone. Go to bed, now."

I walked up the stairs and went to my room. When I got there I didn't even bother to change, I just got into bed with my jeans and T-shirt on.

‡ † † ‡

When I woke up, I kept my eyes shut, not wanting to open them. What's this horrible taste in my mouth? I wondered. Oh yeah, didn't brush my teeth last night. Well, that's what I get for not brushing. Then I opened my eyes, and saw a room, one that I had never seen before. Where am I? I wondered. I got up, out of the bed, which was nice, peaceful, cool colors. I looked around the room and saw that it was nineteenth century, Victorian style type of room; like one you would find in a castle. I went to the closet, and opened it. All of my clothes were in it, and as I looked around, I saw that all of my stuff was in the room, and I had no idea where I was.

Dismissing it as a dream, I picked out a pair of clothes, and went into the bathroom to take a shower. After the shower, I went to the bathroom mirror to look at myself. I look terrible. I thought. So I put on some concealer for the blemishes, mascara, and some light-colored lipstick.

Then, I put on my socks and shoes went to the door and then stopped. What am I doing! I thought to myself. I don't know where I am, and I have to walk out of this room, and face whatever's out there. I thought about this for a while, then thought, Oh what the heck, I'm gonna go for it. With that thought, I opened the door, and walked out of the room.

As soon as I walked out, I felt the eyes, heard the whispers, and saw the people. Then, a girl walked up to me; there were only girls in this building. I took one look at the girl and thought; she's the girl from my dream!

"Hi," she said, "my name's Alayna; and you're my new roommate. I hope you'll like your stay here..." Her voice faded as she looked at my cheek, more specifically, at the rose. "Y-you have THE rose." And with that, everyone in the room kneeled.

‡ † † ‡

That night, after we had both taken showers, and had changed, Alayna told me what all the roses meant.

"When the rose is outlined in red, you're a vampire," she said and pointed to her own rose. "You're a witch if it's outlined in purple, a dragon if in orange, a shape shifter if in green, an angel if in white, and a fallen angel (fallen) if in black. BUT, you are part dragon, shape shifter, witch, vampire, angel, and fallen; because yours is outlined in silver."

"WOW," I choked out. "I'm THAT special, can't believe it. By the way, where am I?"

"You're in Nightburg, of course. Also, you're the first person to just wake up and be here so..."