Many enemies of the king

Start from the beginning

Closing the door behind him Thorin made his way toward the windows when he suddenly was stopped by someone from behind. Before he could do or say anything he was pushed roughly onto the couch next to him and the person responsible for it climbed on top of him. The faintly familiar scent hit his nose and angry growl emerged from Thorin as he gripped the arms of that person but without warning was kissed hard and passionately on the lips.

All the sudden the door was slung open and Thilrik was standing in the doorway as the light behind her lightened the room. Thorin jerked his head toward the door eyes wide open and heard small giggle next to his ear causing him to turn to look at the dwarrow lying on top of him.

"You!" Thorin snarled while his blazing blue eyes landed on Navubela's half-naked figure.

"Oh my, your majesty, if you wanted to bed my daughter you could have warned me first," Thilrik smiled her eyes sparkling triumphantly. The scandal when the news of discovering the king in bed, or on the couch with Navubela while his spouse was somewhere else tending her duties was going to be huge.

Realizing he had walked right into their trap Thorin enraged shoved the dwarrow from his lap and stood up fixing his outfit. Turning his angry gaze toward Thilrik gridding his teeth trying hard not to kill the dwarrowdam in front of him.

For almost 200 years old dwarrow Thilrik was still a stunning looking woman, her grey long hair elegantly braided on top her head, yellow jewellery decorating it making the appearance to look almost royal. Her emerald green gown with a golden complex design on the hem was perfect for her as it was as difficult to comprehend as her personality. She had Thorin tightly on the palm of her hand and she knew it.

Thorin didn't say anything or make a move to walk out of the room, he wanted to know what Thilrik's angle was, although he had his suspicions. Because of her status Thorin couldn't just outcast her family out from Erebor, or kill them, he would have to deal with this quietly and hope you would not hear about it or get in the crossfire.

"What it is that you want Thilrik?" Thorin's deep voice broke the silence narrowing his eyes while staring at the dwarrow in front of him. Ignoring Navubela who had stood up and giggling beside him Thorin had difficulties to control his temper.

"What I want...my king...is that you finish your affair with that harlot you call your One and take my daughter as your queen and mother of your future children," she spoke holding her chin high, her voice didn't even tremble or her gaze didn't waver as he looked at her.

Snorting when hearing the demands Thorin couldn't believe he had fallen into the trap that was as old as the mountain he was living in like he was still wet from behind his ears.

"And if I refuse?" Thorin asked raising his brow but he already knew the answer.

"Your spouse will hear about how I caught you with my daughter and so shall the entire kingdom. I wonder what that will do to your reputation..." Thilrik hummed tapping her chin with her index finger. Shaking his head Thorin weight the options fisting his hands. It would seem he didn't have a choice and they knew it.

"You have till tomorrow, before the coronation," Thilrik said flatly and motioned her daughter to follow her as she turned on her heels leaving comfortless Thorin standing in the middle of the room trying to figure out how to get out of this mess he had created.

In the back of his mind, Thorin knew he had to tell you everything and he also would have to ask Balin for advice. There was no way he would ever court Navubela, he would rather cut off his hand before ever willingly touch her.

You and Fili were sitting by the fireplace going through the plans of training the new guards when Thorin finally appeared in the living area exhausted look on his face. You put down the parchments and Fili excused himself muttering something about finding his brother.

When the door closed you shifted your gaze toward Thorin who was near to his breaking point as he slumped onto the couch burying his face to his hands.

"Thorin, what happened?" you asked worryingly sitting next to him rubbing his back soothingly. But he just shook his head turning slightly and nuzzled himself onto your lap inhaling your familiar comfortable scent in his lungs.

"You're scaring me, Thorin, talk to me," you murmured letting your fingers run through his raven black thick hair causing him to purr quietly. Your gestures gave him the courage he needed to confess to you everything. His heart sank and coldness took over it as Thorin straightened his back looking at you.

"I have created a huge problem and I can only blame myself for being too gullible," Thorin whispered turning his gaze away from you, he couldn't even look you in the eye, so ashamed he felt at the moment. Frowning you waited for him to continue but something told you already who you were gonna blame for this.

As Thorin went to tell what had happened your anger started to rise up, the blood in your veins was boiling and you had to dig your nails so deep into your palms the blood was dripping to keep yourself from dashing out from the room and find Navubela and her mother. Although you just wanted to bite their heads off and be done with it, you had to remind yourself you weren't living in the wilderness anymore, you couldn't do that.

"We'll ask Balin to help us, I'm not abanding you. I love you," you whispered resting your chin on his shoulder as you gazed at his profile and your heart ached when you saw the pain in his face. Thorin turned to look at you a fond smile forming to his face as he pressed his forehead against yours.

"I don't deserve you," he hummed feeling little better when he now knew you were gonna stay by his side no matter what.

"Sure you do, we have been through way too much to be bullied by some greedy noble family. I can get rid of them for you in a blink of an eye, you just need to say the word," you grinned pecking his nose earning a low chuckle.

"That's a very tempting offer but unfortunately we can't deal with the situation with violence...not yet anyway," Thorin sighed leaning back taking you with him making you rest your head on his chest while his arm snaked around your waist.

"That's a shame," you giggled snuggling with him on the couch feeling how Thorin started to relax as tiredness was finally winning his inner battle.

"It is..." he murmured quietly stroking your side his eyes slowly closing.

Silently listening to his steady heartbeat, you didn't voice what kind of a plan was forming in your head, although you couldn't publicly get rid of Thilrik's family, accidents tend to happen and all kind of predators were lurking in the deep, dark shadows of the mountain only you knew. On your patrols through the narrow, not so well known corridors you had discovered interesting pathways and creatures that dwelled in them and smirking to yourself you relaxed in Thorin's arms knowing what exactly you would have to do.