Chapter 2

I walk around the downstairs mansion searching every room, but no luck, so i try upstairs, but there's still no sign of him, but theres still one room left, down the corridor. This room has a balcony maybe he's going to be on there, a couple of people walk past me and just stare and wonder what the heck am doing, see that I'm not interesting enough to bother with and carry on walking away... Fuck me, I hate this party... Sheesh this place has so many rooms so many stairs to get lost up, this place is jam packed with people. As I slowly open the door to the last room I think to myself 'why am I taking so long to open a stupid door??' I scream a cry of shrieks as Rick just appears at the door, like knowing I was there somehow. He tells me to come in and I slowly wonder why I even went looking for him in the first place. 

"I knew you would come and find me eventually Eva" he says in a weird tone of voice.

"Rick... Wait how did you know I was to come and find you?" I ask, wondering how he could possibly know.

"I have my ways Eva, only if you trust me i can tell you," says Rick slowly moving towards me.

"annyywwaaayyy, I like you Rick, i really do" i say grabbing hold of his hands holding them tight.

"I know, i always have known." Rick says in a whisper.

"And, how would you know?! are you phychic or something??" i ask in a pleading way trying to get him to tell me.

"Erm Rosie, i am phychic, i have mental abilities that no other human can master, Eva if you really do like me, that means you can keep a secret, right? So big that i would have to kill you if anyone found out" Rick says asking whether he can trust me.

"Okayy?? so i will keep this 'secret', tell me what it is then!" I ask, trying to hurry him up to tell me.

"Sorry, it's just trust is earned with time, i need you to prove to me that i can trust you." Rick said.

"Well, how on earth am i meant to prove that??" Rosie asked, puzzled with what he was going to say next.

"Oh, you will know, that's why i said trust is earned with time." Rick said, i had turned around so i didn'd have to look at him, but when  turned back around he had gone, like he wasn't even there.

Later that night.

By the time i had gotten out of that room and downstairs, i got a voicemail from Rick saying "Hi Rosie, it's me, i'm sorry for the dissappearng act earlier, i erm... i had to go, erm i will see you tomorrow, maybe." I sit down on the couch and ring him,

"Hi, Rick, i got your voicemail." I say.

"Hi," Rick said, he seemed a bit uneasy the was he just said 'hi' "Sorry Rosie, i'm just really busy at the moment."

"I.. I.. just wanted to say I'm sorry." I couldn't think of any words to say, so i decide to hang up. I just wish i could make him forgive me, or even say he loves me too.

You know when you jam your fingers in a drawer and you know a split second before the pain hits that it's going to hit, and your chest has that weird icy seizure? That's what i have right now, the pain in my heart gets worse, and i'm standing outside some mansion block on Kensington Church Street with my coat and my handbag and i squat down-which isn't easy in heels, you know- and bury my face in my hands. I can't breathe. I want to vomit, but there's nothing left in my tummy. I can't bear this. I can't bear waking up tomorrow and have a memory of this.