RedRum

Scene 1:

(FaceTime: phone rings)

Jennifer: (answers) hey Jas, what are you doing?

Jasmine: this isn’t jasmine (despising her voice) this is your sister’s killer!

Jennifer: Jasmine come on now, this isn’t funny (getting scared)

Jasmine: (takes thumb off of camera) calm down Jenn, it was just a joke idiot!

Jennifer: well that joke wasn’t funny. It was stupid! What are you doing dum dum?

Jasmine: says the one that can’t take a joke! But I’m laying in bed scrolling through Twitter, trying to find someone who has the answers to my chemistry homework. Yes, your nerdy sister has gotten lazy (laughs)

Jennifer: that’s not cool Jas. What happened to my nerdy cute sister (laughs) I miss her!

Jasmine: well I’m here! Still cute, still nerdy but just lazy (chuckles)

Jennifer: how’s dad? I heard him and mom on the phone earlier laughing and cheering on the football team that was playing last night!

Jasmine: yes! Oh my God! Dad annoys me so much when he runs around the house screaming and cheering because the Chicago bears are winning..

Jennifer: (interrupting) ewww the Chicago bears? We’re team colts over here!

Jasmine: (laughs) yes mam team colts over here! Speaking of sports, how’s you and your popular boyfriend Brian?

Jennifer: girl, Brian has been a jerk lately. He’s been ignoring my texts and calls. He says he’s been busy with studying and trying to focus on his scholarship.

Jasmine: (interrupts) speaking of scholarships.. what are you gonna do about yours? You know volleyball? And soccer! You’re the queen at those!

Jennifer: yea but what school? I’m so out of it. Brian and I can’t decide on what school to attend next year. We might as well break up and start fresh!

Jasmine: break up? What type of mess. Look, you guys need to honestly sit and think on what you guys are going to do. I don’t wanna see a good thing go to waste. Speaking of something good, my man is on the other line and he has good d! I’m gonna get back to you tomorrow! Love you (hangs up)

Jennifer: k, love you too?

Scene 2: JENNIFER

Jennifer: (walks down stairs into the kitchen where her mom is making coffee) hey mom, you cool? (hugs her then sits next to her on the stool)

Ms. Allen: I’m good baby, I’m just trying to read this news article. Have you heard about the little 5 year old that has gone missing? They said she’s been missing for about a few months now and still can’t seem to find her.

Jennifer: Gosh no! That’s scary! (Pouring a cup of coffee)

Ms. Allen: speaking of scary..

Jennifer: God mom, you and Jasmine sound just alike (laughs)

Ms. Allen: honey (gets closer) your father and I have been separated since you guys were born. We’ve been talking and think we should take a step forward into our relationship and possibly move back in together? (Looks at Jennifer nervously)

Jennifer: why did you guys break up in the first place?

Ms. Allen: well, your father had an affair with another women. Word on the street is that you guys have an younger brother..