All he wanted was to go for a damn run.

***

When he got back to his bedroom after his sixty minutes run Scarlett greeted him with the sight of her in his shirt and long legs bare and crossed while she was sipping coffee or tea. She looked very comfortable and very tempting. He needed a shower.

"What did you do?" She asked.

He frowned, "What do you mean?"

She carefully moved to the end of the bed and sat on her knees. He approached her and grabbed her cup, taking in the contents and taking a quick sip. Coffee, he was sure he needed it. Scarlett smiled, holding out her hands to take back her cup. He handed it to her, their fingers brushing which made her shiver. She didn't even try to hide the blush which spread across her face.

She cleared her throat, "Jenna was talking to your mom, she sounded upset about something you said?"

He groaned, his annoyance quickly fading when he felt Scarlett's hand press against his stomach and slowly trailing up. Her soft touch felt like it left a burning trail on his skin. He felt her touch right through the fabric of his grey tee.

"First she tried to cause trouble for us when she tried to casually suggest we'd go on a run together. I told her I wanted to go for a run alone." He sighed, covering Scarlett's hand which rested on his chest, "I'm not in the mood for their drama."

"Neither am I." She told him, "We should team up with your dad. He seems to dislike their bullshit too."

"We could always lock ourselves up in the bedroom."

Her eyes sparkled, "I like the way you think, Lucy."

He regretted saying that, he realized too late he gave her ammo to keep up her teasing. He let go of her hand and shook his head at her. She giggled, sitting back on her butt and sipping her coffee.

"I'm going to grab a shower."

She eyed him with a little smirk spread across her face, "I'll be here waiting for you."

He gave her cheek a pinch which made her pout, "Of course you are."

Scarlett took a shower after him, giving him time to log into his laptop. He managed to respond to six emails when his fake girlfriend strolled out of the bathroom wearing only a towel. He tried to focus on his screen, hoping she'd take her clothes and head back to the bathroom.

She didn't though.

She got ready right in front of him, the woman didn't even care. He forced himself to not look at her, he could feel her eyes on him from time to time but he refused to look up from his laptop. He wasn't going there. Too many lines have been crossed already.

"Such a gentleman." He could hear the smile in her voice.

"Such a tease."

She giggled, stepping away from the bed to head back into the bathroom. He finally dared to breathe again when she was out of sight. He put his laptop aside when someone knocked on his bedroom door. He opened the door to reveal his mother who definitely looked pissed. She tried to hide it with a smile. They were all quite passive aggressive, he preferred it if they would just speak their minds but they wouldn't.

"Mom."

"Are you and Scarlett going to join us for breakfast?" The demanding tone told him that his mother expected them to have dinner with the parents and the unwanted guests.

"Sure."

They still needed to eat and there wasn't a restaurant or café close by. He'd need to take the car and that was rather elaborate to avoid his family. Scarlett would be with him, she was enough of a distraction.