Chapter 9 (hopeful eyes)

^^^ Kylie's pic ^^^

Melissa's pov

After practice, I was packing up and Mason approached me. "So what did you finally decide, will you go out with me?" He asked with eyes filled with hope. "I know you may think you can't because we are best friends and all, but I really like you, and....."

Coming into my head, I decided to acknowledge the argument going on in there as Mason was still going on and on out of nervousness as he kept scratching the back of his neck. Not to sound rude, but I just didn't want to have to listen to that.

Brain: just accept already, the guy is hot.

Instinct: yes Melissa, accept.

Heart: but what about Rodger.

Instinct: that's right, what about Rodger.

Brain: what about him? He doesn't even come in here, he has nothing to do with accepting to go out with Mason.

Instinct: yep, Rodger is actually out of the question

Heart: But she has a thing for Rodger

Instinct: That's true.

Brain: whose side are you on *glares at instinct*

Instinct: both, am torn in-between.

Heart: well, I say wait for Rodger, he's gonna be like the bad guy turned good.

Brain: so cliche, I say go with Mason, at least try him out, he can't be that bad, and he's hot ;)

Instinct: definitely, and sexy too, look at those biceps.

Heart: Rodger is way hotter and muscular, don't forget those tattoos.

Instinct: tell me about it 

Me: enough you guys, let's hear what he says.

".....and I've had this major crush on you since Jane introduced you to us, it's just that I hadn't had the courage to ask you out. If you say no, it's fine, but I really hope you give me a chance to make you feel special. Will you go out with me?" He asked with hope in his eyes.

What is the worst that could happen, and I do not want him to feel bad, especially since he'd already planned the date. It wouldn't hurt to go out with him, besides am single, I've got to start somewhere.

"Yes, I'll go out with you." I answered savouring the look of happiness on his face. What he did next, I didn't expect it, I didn't even see it coming.

He kissed me.

His lips were soft as they molded mine, it was so tempting that I responded as he drew me closer with a hand on my waist. It wasn't before I heard clapping that I realized we were not alone.

I pulled away with a hand on his chest as I looked around blushing. Our team stood around watching us as they clapped for a reason I do not know.

I got a glimpse of Rodger as he just watched with his normal bored face, leaning on a wall with crossed arms. Some girls were round him talking with him, but he paid no attention to them as he watched us then pushed himself off the wall and walked out after picking his bag.

Well that was interesting?

I got home quite exhausted and took a long nap, today had had a bit of drama. I still had time before I'll have to text Jane to come over and help me prepare for the date which I had absolutely no idea on how to prepare for.

When I woke up, it was 8:00pm, an hour to prepare. I picked up my phone and texted Jane with only two sentences which she immediately understood.

Me:  am not sure what to wear, or how to look.

Me:  I've got a date in an hour.

Bestie:  I'll be there in 10.

After the painting of my face by Jane and the occasional swatting away of my good hand, when I tried to touch her ""master piece"" and lectures on how am meant to dab my face if I sweat, and not clean it roughly. Jane brought her light blue dress that stopped just above the knee for me to wear,-after I rejected the others she brought- Good thing we were the same size.

As she made her finishing touches on my hair, i told her all about how I accepted and how Rodger acted. not like it mattered. I slipped on silver flats, after winning the argument with Jane who wanted me to wear heels. Do I have a death wish? No.

As I packed my purse with my phone, keys, gum, handkerchief, I don't think there's any more needed. The door bell rang and Jane sprinted downstairs to get it. Mum already knew I had a date tonight and she teared up saying that she always thought I was gay. I mean, I don't blame her, I dress -i won't really say like a boy, but definitely not like most girls do especially when my best friend aka Jane dresses like a normal girl. That made sense right?

I walked down the stairs to see mum and Jane both having a tense conversation with Mason who keeps scratching the back of his neck.

Speaking of Mason, he was in a blue suit that hugged him perfectly, his hair brushed and gelled back, they made his eyes get more attention and he held a white flower. As I approached them, their conversation died down. Mason handed me the flower which I handed over to Jane who handed it over to my mum who walked away to the kitchen, probably to find a vase for it?

Don't blame my character, I don't know how to act on a first date mainly cause I haven't had one, but I decided to take Jane's advice to go with the flow.

"Shall we?" He asked offering his hand and I took it with a nod then we left in his car.

A/N:

Hey there,

This chapter may be short, but mehh, deal with it.

TNT

Still Love you guys,

Mwuaah.

Don't forget those votes, they count.