Chapter 17 : The Town That Dreaded Sundown

From: Sweet Pea 🐍😍
Can we FaceTime?

To: Sweet Pea 🐍😍
Yeah

I was just sitting in my room doing homework, so it wasn't a big deal to me to call him.

"Hey," he said, the second the FaceTime connected. He was with Fangs and someone else, but it was whatever.

"Hey guys," I said.

"I decided how I'm going to earn my Serpent stripes," Fangs said happily. I knew it was a criminal gang, but I wasn't sure I wanted to know what he had planned.

"How're you going to do that?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to take out the Northsider from the Red Circle videos but I guess he's just some wanna be kid who's on the football team," Fangs said.

"Wait, what videos?" I asked.

"You haven't seen the Red Circle videos?" Sweet Pea asked.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Just look them up," he said. I grabbed my laptop and searched it, and sure enough a 44 second long video popped up. I started watching it, and much to my dismay, Archie Andrews was the one Fangs wanted to beat up.

"Don't, um, don't hurt him," I said, closing my laptop as the video ended. "He's a good kid, and he means well."

"I know," Fangs said. "Well, I mean that's basically what Jughead told us."

"Yeah, I'll talk to him," I said. "He'll take the video down."

"The original is already down," Sweet Pea said. "People just keep sharing it."

"Anyways, Fangs," I said.

"Hey, Mandy, can I talk to you?" Betty asked, walking into my bedroom.

"Yeah, I, hold on," I said, turning back to my phone screen.

"I've gotta go babe," I said, trying to avoid Betty catching on that I was actually FaceTime-ing a bunch of Serpents.

"Love you," he said.

"Love you too," I said, ending the FaceTime.

"What's up," I said, closing the book that I'd been doing homework out of.

"Um, Mom and I have both received letters from the Black Hood," she said, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"I know. Well, I knew about Mom's and figured it'd only be a matter of time before he tried to get published in the Blue and Gold as well," I said.

"I received a crypto thing as well," she said, handing me the page. The symbols looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Jug, Toni, and I tried for hours to solve this last night," she said. "We can not figure it out."

"It looks like that thing you used to read all the time. I don't remember what it was though," I said.

"Yeah, I should know it, but I don't," she said.

"Yeah," I said. "If it comes to me I'll let you know."

"Thank you so much," she said.

"Of course. Anything for my favorite sister," I said.

I was half asleep that night when I got a really weird text from Sweet Pea.

From: Sweet Pea 🐍😍
What the hell is up with the redhead? He just pulled a gun on us