Chapter 12 - All's Well

Start from the beginning

"Braixen, Sylveon come on out!" She exclaimed happily as she threw two Pokeballs. They opened with glistening lights, eventually forming into the two Pokemon she had called out. "Before you start..." Clemont said, calling his robot over. "You'll need some music!"

Just as he said that, the Gigatron-3000 started playing a catchy and upbeat tune. The moment Serena heard it, she tapped her feet according to the beat, a smile forming on her face.

(CREDIT GOES TO THE CREATOR OF THIS VIDEO)

Serena spinned around slowly, gracefully avoiding the rocks on the ground as her Pokemon did the same. "Alright Sylveon use Fairy Wind and Braixen use Flamethrower on it!" The wind then erupted into little beige sparks, glittering as the sun shone on it.

"Now Sylveon, lift Braixen up and Braixen do Fire Blast!" Serena twirled with a smile, her soft curls bouncing lightly with every step. Sylveon used her feelers and lifted Braixen up with ease, twirling around slowly.

Braixen threw her stick into the air and used her Fire Blast, quickly catching her stick afterwards. 'Now for the move I haven't tried before...' Serena thought to herself.

"Sylveon put Braixen down and use Swift! Braixen, use Fire Spin!" The two Pokemon quickly executed their moves, resulting in a bunch of stars falling slowly into the fire. Once the two met, it exploded in huge sparkles in different hues and the flame slowly died down.

Serena hummed with a smile and everyone wondered why exactly she did that. And then they saw it. Her Pokemon had been doing actions without her command!

Sylveon conjured up her Fairy Wind again, lifting everyone into the sky. Amidst the wind, Braixen took out her stick and set fire to it, making a bright spark but also making it impossible to see through it.

Suddenly stars cut through the fiery wind, lighting up the area with all sorts of hues. A final Fire Blast was casted together with Sylveon's Swift, making a large, fiery star in the middle.

"Finished!" Serena yelled with a smile, her Pokemon crying happily as if imitating her. "That was amazing!" Bonnie cried out, eyes twinkling with little stars.

"How long have you been practicing that?" Clemont asked curiously. "Truth is...I just made that up on the spot!" Serena said with a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. Everyone's face turned blank as they tried to process what Serena had just said.

"Aw really? That's amazing, I couldn't tell at all!" Ash exclaimed with a smile. Upon hearing that, Serena's cheeks flushed quickly, but she willed it to go away. "But then how did your Pokemon know what to do when you didn't give them a command?" Bonnie pointed out quickly, catching everyone's attention.

"Aha...that? It was just a coincidence really. I was just using the time to think up some more moves for the performance and then they jumped in!" Serena said with a big smile, patting both Braixen and Sylveon on their heads.

"Braix, Braixen!" "Sylveon!" They cried proudly, beaming at the others. "Wow, that kind of teamwork is pretty cool!" Clemont exclaimed in surprise, looking back and forth between Braixen, Sylveon and Serena.

"Hey Serena, why don't you do a twirl?" Bonnie asked out of the blue, innocently tilting her head when she saw Serena look at her with bewilderment. "W-What? Uhm, okay." Serena said quickly as she twirled on the steep rocks.

Suddenzly, her feet slipped and she let out a shriek of fear, expecting herself to fall against the rocks and hit her head, which would mean that she wouldn't be able to perform and she would have ruined her whole journey to the top, her Pokemon were going to be so upset and she-

Instead of feeling the hard and jagged ground, she felt herself fall against something...or someone?! "You okay?" At first she couldn't make out who it was but when her head cleared and she looked up, her face flushed profusely.

Ash was looking down at her worriedly, checking if there was any injuries on her. All the while, Serena was stuck in a position where her back was against Ash's torso and her hands were being held by him as well.

"I-I'm, uh, fine!!" Serena squealed as she quickly got up, making Ash confused. Clemont and Bonnie exchanged glances at each other and could only laugh at Serena's demise.

"You two!" Serena cried as she chased them around the grass, for she had learnt her lesson from the...experience. "COME BACK HERE!"

~~BONUS~~
"You sure you're okay?"

"Yes, Ash I'm fine I swear!"

"Okay, because your face was really read just now."

"EEK!"

Yo everyone! I'm back with a slightly longer than usual chapter since I got quite a bit of inspiration for this. It's a filler chapter and also a chapter to lighten the mood so I hope it did just that!

Before you ask, from here on, nothing will follow the canon storyline so there may be some inconsistencies within the story. I'll try to make sure such a thing doesn't happen! For now, I'll work on the next chapter immediately but no gurantees as to when it will be released!

Peace out!