Chapter 24- Christmas

Start from the beginning

"You alright then?" Tonks asked, patting my head before looking about the room.  The whole house rang with noise yet the living room was empty.

"Molly!" Tonks cried, I winced at the volume of her voice.  Everything was amplified, every one of my senses heightened.  I could smell an array of foods wafting from the kitchen.  I stepped out onto the wood floor of the living room and shook the soot from my fur.  Tonks brushed off her coat.

"Molly!" She called again.

"One minute dear!  FRED WEASLEY YOU PUT THAT DOWN." Molly cried.  If I was human I would have sniggered.  Tonks smiled down at me but I simply blinked in reply.  Suddenly, Molly rushed into the room and gave Tonks a tight squeeze.

"Oh, dear, you made it!" Molly exclaimed, looking rather chuffed. "Who's this then?" She asked, looking down at me with a smile. 

"The newest Lupin!" Tonks exclaimed. 

"How wonderful! What's her name then?" Molly asked.  I got the feeling she thought I was just a dog.

"Iris, of course!  You know her!  Just didn't take well to the floo powder. I guess it's less dizzying to go about like that." Tonks explained.

"Iris?  Remus finally adopted her then?" Molly asked with a bright grin.  Tonks nodded.  Molly bent down and scooped me up into a tight embrace.

"Look at'chu! Iris Lupin!" She exclaimed. "And an animagus too!  Oh the kids are so excited to see you, love! Why don't 'chu go off and find 'em!  I'll get Tonks settled." Molly explained, gingerly shooing me off with her tea towel.  I dashed off for the stairs, my tail trailing out behind me.  God, that sounded weird.  Tail.  I could easily hear the shouts off the Weasley kids plus Harry and Hermione resonating through the crooked halls.

I bounded up the stairs and came to the door where the most compressed amount of voices resonated.  I opened the door by sticking my muzzle through the small opening.  The talking ceased at once as all eyes were on me.  Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all strewn about the room. Feeling better since I had arrived I shifted back into my human form.  My whole body stretched and my hair tumbled down across my shoulders. I tilted my head slightly as I took in the scene.

"'Ello." I greeted them. I was greeted with blank looks.  I was suddenly knocked to the ground when Ginny tackled me in a hug and the rest of them gathered around me.

"Are you an animagus?" Hermione asked skeptically.

"Yeah.  Only after I was a werewolf though." I grinned and hugged Ginny back. Ginny stood and helped me to my feet I then went to hug the rest of them.  My statement was accepted with a stunned silence, and then a bout of shrugs as I received a chorus of, "Why didn't you tell us!"  After I'd explained, I paused to catch my breath, admiring once more the homey feel of the crooked little house.

"Want to see then twins then?" Ginny asked with a smirk.  I nearly swooned at the thought of seeing George.

"'Course!" I exclaimed, maybe a little too excitedly.  Ginny sniggered.  "He's my boyfriend! And you won't be laughing about relationships when you and Harry finally get together." I stated. Now it was my turn to smirk. I  watched as Ginny and Harry's faces lit up red. 

"C'mon." Ginny growled as she dragged me from the room by the collar of my shirt.  Behind us Ron said in a slightly nauseated voice, "When you and Ginny do what?"

She stopped in the hallway a few feet from the twin's room. "George Weasley! Get your arse out here!" She demanded. The door swung open a few seconds later and George's head poked out.

"You called?" He asked. His eyes suddenly caught mine and he smiled and dashed over to me and scooped me up by my waist. "Iris!" He exclaimed. "Lovely dress!"

"Thanks, love."  I replied.  I could feel a warm blush wash over my cheeks.

"Right-er- I'll cya for dinner!" Ginny exclaimed as she slipped back into the room with Harry, Hermione, and Ron.  George swung me around again before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine.  My arms found their way up around his neck and his hands fell against my waist.  He broke the kiss off and rested his forehead against mine.

"How was your Christmas?" He asked with a bright grin.

"Well, I got this dress." I laughed. "It was fantastic."  I replied sincerely.  "How was  yours?"

"Usual.  New jumper from mum.  Hand-me-down things." He smiled at me.  I lunged forward and wrapped him in another hug. "You said you had good news?"  He asked, smiling into my shoulder.

"Yeah! Two things." I announced pulling back so I could look into his warm brown eyes.. "Lupin-" I started. "Adopted me." I grinned, scrunching up my nose.

"That's fantastic! Iris Lupin, I'm so happy for you!" He exclaimed.

"-And!" I continued. "I am now an animagus.  No more full moon troubles!" I grinned widely. He hugged me tightly.

"Let's see it then!" He said. I felt the familiar sensation as I shifted into a maned wolf. My height dropping rapidly and I found myself standing there on four legs, staring up at George.

"Brilliant!" He exclaimed, dropping down to my level. He ran his hand down my back. "That's amazing!" I quickly shifted back, too quickly for George to react because his hand was still on my back.  He smirked and pulled me towards him.  I let out a squeal of suprise as I found myself laying on top of him.  I dropped my head to his chest in a fit of laughter, I could feel his chest vibrate as he laughed with me. 

"Dinner!" I heard Mrs. Weasley call from downstairs.  George stole one last kiss before he lifted me to my feet by my waist.  We scrambled down the stairs to claim our seats at the table, hands clasped loosely together.  Sitting down, soon we were joined by Fred (who greeted me with hug), Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Ginny.

Percy came in and sat down, then Tonks and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.  With a wave of Mrs. Weasley's wand our dinner floated over from the kitchen and landed on the table.  A knife sliced into the juicy roast and we all piled our plates full.  It felt just the Great Hall at Hogwarts.

~   

After dinner I followed George back upstairs to his and Fred's room. I plopped down on the bed, feeling tired. George had pulled out a series of pranks and experiments he and Fred had worked on. after a while of small explosions and looking over assorted prank candies, George finally yawned and sat down next to me. I let my head roll over and fall onto his shoulder he wrapped his arms around my waist and we both laid back staring up at the ceiling in a comfortable silence.  I nuzzled his neck lovingly and sighed deeply as I drifted off to sleep.