Chapter 24- Christmas

Start from the beginning

 As my mind drifted to thoughts of George, I slowly shifted back to my animagus form. I was lulled to sleep by the scent and feel of the breeze that wafted in from the surrounding forest.  I had barely noticed Sherlock return.

~

"Iris! Get up! Up!" I heard Tonks calling to me and I felt her hand shaking my whole body.  I lay there, still in wolf form and huffed, slowly blinking my eyes open.

"PRESENTS." She stated loudly in my face.  I yawned and quickly shifted back to my natural form. Chocolate locks, violet eyes, pale skin, and a curvy frame.  I bolted up, my mussed hair framing my face.

"Come on then!" I laughed as I dashed down the hall with Tonks behind me.  I slid into the living room.  The room wasn't very decoratative, but I hadn't expected it to be. The tree was scarcely decorated with Christmas crackers that had been tucked in between the branches.  Six presents sat neatly under the tree, two for each of us. Lupin was sitting on a tan couch, the newspaper in one hand and a mug of tea in the other.  Tonks dove onto the couch next to him as I gathered up the glistening gifts and a Christmas cracker off the tree.

  I popped the cracker and discarded it all with the exception of the blue paper crown which I promptly sat on top of my head.  I handed out the presents to their proper owners, two for Tonks one from me and one from Lupin.  Two for Lupin, one from Tonks and one from me.  And then the last two for me, one from Tonks and one from Lupin.  I tore open the velvety maroon gift paper and found a flat box. I lifted the lid and saw a necklace, the pendant was a small glass tube stuffed with a small scroll and little bits of herb and stone.

"Protection spell." Tonks said, I grinned at the sentiment. 

"Thank you." Tilting the the side to give her a quick hug. 

"Anything for you, love." She grinned back, scrunching up her nose.  I ripped into the next present, covered with grey gift paper.  It was a much bigger box and as I lifted the lid I revealed to myself a beautiful yet simple red plaid dress.

"Wow." 

"I figured you'd need something to wear to the Weasleys tomorrow.  You girls and your clothes." Lupin offered, shyly glancing at me.

"Thank you." Shifting to hug him as well, I chuckled at his joke, and saw that he was already wearing the watch that I'd got him.  Not only did it tell the time, enchanted to shift by itself with whatever region you were in, it also had a little midnight blue section around the clockface, glowing with little silver orbs, showing where the moon was in it's cycle on the precise date.

~

I set down the flat iron and prodded at my hair and makeup.  I wanted to look perfect.  I pulled on my new dress and smoothed it out as I gazed at my reflection. 

"Iris!" I heard Lupin call from downstairs."Time to go!" I let out one last heavy sigh before rushing down the stairs. 

"You look wonderful!" He said with a smile. I couldn't help but return the grin. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"Tonks wants to take you. I would but I have a conflict with the ministry that must be resolved." He said. 

"Yeah, that's fine! I'll see you later then?"

"Yes, of course!" He said before sending me over the the fireplace where Tonks was waiting. She gripped my shoulder and took a handful of floo powder before shouting: "The Burrow!"

I watched as everything melted away, the Burrow warping into being before our eyes.  I hated the feeling of floo powder travel.  Instead of dropping to my knees I dropped to all fours before shifting to my animagus form, numbing the nausea.