"Lady truck drivers." Gideon corrected with a cocky grin.

"Ladies? I'm changing my vote back to gas station." Angus declared and the twins and I groaned.

"Looks like we're split. Only way to settle this." Gideon began and Phoebe and I groaned.

"Oh, no. Please don't tell me it's another-"

"Fat race!" Oyster announced and we gave him a look. "I know, it's rat race."

I shook my head putting my hands on my hips.

----

Ater school Phoebe and I walked into her house and we saw Max sitting on the couch with a rat in his hands. I know this sounds weird but I actually like rats, they're adorable.

"So Max, ready to win that rat race?" Phoebe asked her brother as we both dropped our bags onto the couch.

"Oh, we're not gonna win," Max informed us.

"What?!" Phoebe and I exclaimed in shock.

"He's never won," Max told us and then spoke to his rat. "If you weren't so adorable I'd be kicking you out onto the streets."

He's sweeter to a rat than to his own sister.

"But I need your band to save the dance. Why would you even agree to race?" Phoebe asked him and I knew exactly why but he wouldn't tell her.

Max put his rat back in the box. "No choice." Max flickered his vision to me for a second. "Band rule number 77. In case of disagreement, rat race."

"Your band has 77 rules?" I asked my boyfriend.

"Yeah, but rules 1 through 76 are rock hard, rock out, rock your face off, rock--"

"We get it." Phoebe interrupted him.

"Well. We did some good gardening out there today, Nora." I heard Hank tell her daughter and Max got his rat out again.

"We? You just stood there in the shade." Nora berated and I turned to them so see Nora was covered in soil and Hank doesn't even have a stain.

"It's called supervising," Hank explained. "And I did it without a chair."

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the rat. Max handed me the rat and I held it.

"Aww, who's this little--AHHH! Rat!" Nora screamed as I showed her the rodent and rushed upstairs in fear. I quickly put him back and we watched Nora run away.

Opps.

"Max. You have to keep that filthy thing out of the house." Hank ordered his son.

"Dad, she's right here." Max gestured to Phoebe and I whacked his arm.

"And she has telekinesis," Phoebe added and made Max slap himself twice and the both of us smiled at him.

"You deserved that," I mentioned and Phoebe chuckled.

Max gave me a playful glare and I giggled.

The front door opened and Billy and Barb walked in. Billy had ice cream in his hand.

"Hey, Billy, Hey honey, hello ice cream." Hank greeted, his eyes fixated on the ice cream. The three of us sat down and Max placed his hand on my thigh.

"It's for Billy. We decided that ice cream as better than joining the track team." Barb explained to us.

"You decided." Billy corrected and placed his ice cream down. "I want to join the team so I could super-speed and win races."