twelve

As I stood before my full length mirror I couldn't help but feel nervous. I wore a sparkly silver dress that hugged my waist before flowing out to the ground, the sleeves reaching my wrists.

I don't know why I was so nervous, after all this was just one of the ball's Susan held every month.

Maybe I was just nervous because Peter had talked to me about how men are coming from all around looking to ask for my hand in courting.

A knock at my door causing me to jump out of my thoughts.

"Just a second!" I yelled to the person behind the door. I smoothed out my hair the fell in its natural waves while a few pieces of it were placed behind my head, giving it a beautiful look, while my silver crown rested on it as well.

I nervously walked towards the door to reveal Penny and Lucy both dressed in beautiful dresses.

They quickly grabbed my hand and brought me to the Grand Hall.

When the three of us walked in all eyes were on us and I felt my palms get sweaty. Lucy and Penny went to go dance together, leaving me alone. I nervously grabbed my left arm.

I watched as a well dressed Telmarine man met my gaze and then began to walk towards me. My eyes widened as I gulped hard.

Suddenly a hand grab my waist. "Hello my Queen." I calm down upon recognizing the voice.

"Hello Eddie." I laughed and turned towards him after seeing the men from before walked away from me with a disappointed looked upon his face.

Edmund then walked me to the dance floor. He kept one hand on my waist while the other held my hand and we began to dance.

He smiled at me while his eyes lit up.

I looked around to see everyone looking at us again.

"Hey," Edmund whispered. "Just look at me. Ignore everyone else." I smiled slightly.

We danced for a little while longer before deciding to go to the balcony that overlooked the beautiful Narnian beach. Edmund kept a hand on my waist while we looked out.

"Why were you so nervous when you first arrived?" He asked me as he turned him gaze to me.

I looked down at my fingers quickly. "I don't know." I lied.

Edmund placed a hand on my cheek and turned my gaze to him. "Nellie. I know when you lie."

"Peter told me how a bunch of men were coming here looking to ask me to court them." I sighed. I noticed Edmund tensed up as he then clutched his fist but I just chose to ignore it.

"D-Do you not want them to?" He asked as he nervously scratched the back of my neck.

"Not at all." I laughed. "I don't want someone to just want to court me because of my title or my looks. I want someone to court me because they are genuinely in love with me." Edmund smiled at me and nodded his head.

"Yeah," He began. "I get that." I smiled at him and then turned my gaze back to the beach.

We just stood there in silence while the music from the Grand Hall poured out to the balcony.

"Dance with me?" Edmund asked after a few minutes.

I smiled at him and grabbed him hand. "Of course my King." He smiled and let out a small laugh.

We spent the rest of the night dancing under the stars while never once taking our eyes off of each other.

...

Peter came running into Edmund and mine's garden. "The Stag!" He exclaimed as he tried to catch his breath. "The stag has been spotted!"

Edmund quickly moved his head out of my lap before looking at me. We both smiled before rushing us and running over to the stables where Penny, Lucy, Theo, and Susan were waiting.

"You girls should just wait at the castle!" He said as he hopped onto Phillip. "I'll catch the creature myself!" He then quickly took off.

I ran over to my house, Rose, and jumped on.

After an hour full of laughing and chasing after the horse I noticed Edmund's horse slowed down.

"What's wrong, Phillip?" Ed asked his horse while rubbing his neck.

"I'm not as young as I once was." Phillip breathed.

"What did he say again, Nell?" Lucy laughed.

"You girls wait at the castle I'll catch the stag myself." I scoffed before laughing along with everyone else.

Edmund stopped laughing soon as he turned his attention to a strange looking tree that stood in the middle of all of us.

"What a strange thing." Edmund remarked as he hopped off of Phillip. We all got off our horses and walked to the strange tree. As we got closer I noticed that it wasn't a tree. It was a lamp-post.

"It's as if it's from a dream." Susan whispered.

"Or a dream of a dream." Penny replied.

She and Lucy looked at each other. "Spare oom?" Lucy said before running off with Penny right behind her.

"Penny!" I exclaimed as I picked up my dress and ran after her.

"Come on!" She said back.

We kept going through tree branches poking us until we touched something soft.

"These aren't branches." Edmund said in a confused tone from right behind me.

My eyes widened. "T-There coats?" I questioned.

We all continued to walk until suddenly we all fell and landed on hardwood floor. Edmund landed beside me and gave me a shocked look. We were 14 again.

Suddenly the door opened and revealed the Professor.

He smiled at us as he walked towards us with a ball in his hands. The same ball Edmund hit into a window on the same day we first arrived in Narnia.

"Impossible." I whispered to myself.

"Now what were you all doing in the wardrobe?" He questioned with a smile.

"I don't think you'd believe us if we told you sir." Peter said in a sad voice.

The Professor smiled and threw him the ball. "Try me."

...

not edited <3

I have offically finished the LWW section of my book!! I cannot wait to get started on PC causing more there will be many more Edmund and Eleanor moments!!