Jace*Sent Away PT2

Start from the beginning

"We need to have a talk about these rhymes Jessie," I mutter.

She gives me a small smile, or smirk, "Its breakfast my lady,"

She turns to leave through the now wooden door. "But you've only ever brought my dinner," I call but the doors already shut.

Sighing I sit the book down with little care and look in the basket. Standard breakfast items for someone trying to be fancy. Mainly French food.

Croissant, pain au chocolate, bagel, slightly burnt pancakes, crepes- wait for what? I pick out the slightly burnt pancake and look it over. It's so out of place in the perfect basket. The familiar burnt smell reminds me of Sunday mornings.

As kids, we always got Sunday mornings off. Maryse would make us all pancakes but one day when we were roughly 15 she stopped doing it. we were too old. So, Izzy being Izzy said screw that and started making pancakes. She was horrible. Alec tried. He wasn't much better. I refused to wake up before I had to, so it was down to Jace.

Jace wasn't a bad cook but he didn't have much experience considering he was 16 and Maryse had always done it. but when Jace is determined. Although they are still kinda burnt sometimes Jace still makes them on Sunday. We smother them in syrups, sauces, or toppings and don't really care.

It must be Sunday. It must be.

3rd POV

Jace tossed another charred pancake into the trash. "Are you doing this on purpose?" Izzy asks, holding back a stomach growl.

"Why don't you cook it? oh wait, you can't cook!" Jace slams the pan down in frustration.

Alec stands from his stool, moving to stand beside Jace at the stove. "We get it, its tough," Alec nudges Jace's shoulder, "its more than tough. It's torture. But what would she say if she was still here? Jace get your head out your butt and make me a damn pancake,,"

Jace shrugged, "If she would even be awake,"

"Touché,"

"Alright," Jace sighed, pouring more mix in.

Although slightly burnt Jace was satisfied with his creation, plating it as normal. Izzy went to grab it, but Alec smacked her hand away, "Hey!" she whined.

"It's for (Y/N). The first ones always for her," Alec crossed his arms.

"She's not even here," Izzy mopped.

Jace paused, "Doesn't matter," he said, "there will always be a pancake waiting for her on Sunday mornings,"

After getting out all the pancakes and devouring them in a somewhat normal chatter Jace slammed his fork down, "Izzy!"

"What?!" She asked through a mouthful of pancakes.

"Where is (Y/N)'s pancakes?"

Izzy shrugged "How should I know?" Jace rolled his eyes but said nothing. "What?"

"I'm going out later," Jace said.

Alec nodded as he gathered the plates "Where are we going?"

"I'm going alone," Alec raises a brow but says nothing, "I know but I need it. okay? Just out on a run or something. Get fresh air,"

"Okay, Jace. Just keep your cell on,"

"Yes dad"

(Y/N)'s Pov

"I'm sorry Tam," Lucien panted- I drop the book with a groan, the dripping noise continuing.

"I swear to all things evil I'm going to kill someone," I mutter, flinging myself up from my seat by the same table from breakfast. Looking around the room for the source of the drip drip drip.

Rushing around the room, checking everything, I see no source. "For the love of-" I pause, looking at one of the books across the room. Walking over, closer, I notice the wording on the spine. Drip drip drip.

I pick up the book, drip drip drip, and flick through the pages. I settle on a random one to notice a small vibration on the middle of the page. I flip back a page in the book. Instead of words, there was a picture of a lake and an underground cavern beneath.

Walking back over to my chair, I pull it out and go to sit down without looking. I land on the dirt with a thud and glare, looking for the chair that's no longer there. "Damn Seelie's," I groan, flinging my head back.

Before I can glare at the ceiling I feel a drop of water on my forehead. My eyes bulge as I see the bottom of the lake. No glass, no separation, somehow the water just stays there.

I stand, still looking at the ceiling. "Window?" I mutter, unsure if the strange rhyme was solved. It can't be. She said I could leave through it. theirs no way to get up there.

The bookshelves are different heights though. I'm already launching myself up onto one. Thank the angel for the shadowhunter blood as I'm able to leap from the tops of bookshelves to the next. Finally, I pull myself up on the tallest one, underneath a dirt ceiling. The waters only a couple feet away.

I take a deep breath and jump at the water.

Clawing through water, I try and pull myself up. Their's nothing to grab onto. I feel myself slipping back but swim forward, only able to use my arms. Thrashing my arms to pull myself up, forgetting grace, but noticing the book still in my hand.

As I try swim I hear a faint thud thud thud on the ground. I ignore it. my arm lands on something hard and I realize its dirt. Sweet sweet dirt. The kind the Mundanes think is at the bottom of the lake. As soon as I'm able to pull my torso onto the dirt I'm able to swim properly, legs following me into the water.

The soft thuds get louder, footsteps even. My hand flies out and I feel mundane air touch my hand, sending Goosebumps up my arms. The struggle lasted too long. As I feel the air I remember my need for it and feel the burning in my lungs.

I try claw myself up but for some reason, I refuse to let go of the book.

A hand wraps itself around my wrist, yanking me out as began to let go. I splutter and hit the ground with a thud, rolling over to spit out the water. "Are you okay miss?" I hear someone ask.

"Jace?" My voice is hoarse, but I feel him tense up.

"(Y/N)?"