𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Start from the beginning

I lifted up my wrist to turn on my apple watch to see that it was 11:09. When are we gonna start boarding if the flight is supposed to take off at 11:30?

"Attention passengers, flight DL5936 to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport has been delayed due to bad weather conditions. The flight crew has arrived at the gate, but the ground crew is still de-icing the wings of the aircraft. Our new departure time is 1:30 PM"

"oh great, more time we have to spend here" I groaned

"Leigh did say the weather there was pretty shitty when I spoke to him earlier"

"I'm tired, I just want to sleep" I said before yawning

"so sleep, I'll wake you up when we're boarding" He said before patting his lap signaling for me to lay on it

I took out my airpods which weren't playing any music for a while now then rested my head on his thighs. Tre and Kam kept me out all last night so I was exhausted. and then when I got home my dumb self forgot I had an assignment due earlier today so I had to complete that, but turned out it was due tonight at 11:59pm.

I unlocked my phone and went to Instagram to scroll through my feed until I fell asleep, which didn't take too long.

"excuse me, you wouldn't mind letting me know the time?" The person sitting to the right of me asked

I looked at the time on my phone then told him. He thanked me then went back to reading his book.

I looked down at Cai who was catching his z's before turning my attention back to my phone. I was looking through the pictures his dad sent me yesterday of my dad.

Yesterday while Cai was out with his cousins his dad and I got to talk for the first time. We had a pretty decent conversation actually, I learned a lot about my dad.

yesterday

"Ma school is fine, my grades are good"

"they better be, I ain't paying all that money for you to fool around. keep up the good work though, I love you"

"I love you too ma" I said then hung up

I stood up from the bed and slipped on my slides before leaving the room. Hopefully they got some snacks 'cus a nigga hungry.

As I was walking down the stairs I spotted Cai's dad sitting by the TV but he was reading some book. I immediately turned around and was about to head back up not wanting to be noticed but he turned his head and seen me. shit