Louis takes a deep breath and leaves the office and makes his way to his and Harry's room. He finds it empty. And he panics.

"Harry?" He calls out, looking through their room and bathroom. When he doesn't find him he goes around the house shouting for him.

"Haz?" He checks the kitchen. Nothing .

"Hazza!" He checks the garden , still nothing.

His heart is pounding in his chest and he feels like vomiting.

Everyone in the house has joined him in his search and no one can find him anywhere.

Louis takes a deep breath and focuses on their bond. He knows Harry's not hurt so he feels a little better. He tries to concentrate and figure where Harry is but he's interrupted,

"Rogue wolves have entered our territory! And we didn't have any advanced notice from them!" Niall shouts.

"Harry.." Louis mumbles before he locks eyes with his mother.

"Send out the pack! Harry's probably there, be quick!" Louis says before he's stripping and turning into his wolf form.

He doesn't know where he's going but his bond his guiding him to where he needs to be. He's going to protect his pack, next to his Omega.

***

Louis finds Harry in his wolf form, barring out his teeth and snarling at the pack of wolves where they have entered their territory. He sees a wolf lying on the ground. Louis assumes it was Harry who did that to him. It makes his chest puff up with pride because his Omega took down an alpha twice his size .

Louis goes and stands next to Harry's wolf form, Harry's white coat contrasting with his black.

He snarls at the rogue wolves too who don't back down.

Louis turns back to his human form, and speaks to the pack in front of him, "why are you here ? This is our territory, and you don't have permission."

One of the alpha's turn into their human form, "we had heard that your Omega here has the instinct, we didn't believe it until we saw it ourselves . And now that we have seen it, I think we ought to share. We need the protection."

Louis growls, "over my dead body. He's my mate."

"Now Louis ,you are a reasonable alpha, try to think things through. Use logic, we all are safe, and if he breeds we get more omegas like him."

Louis loses it, Harry was not a thing to be shared and most importantly he was louis' mate , no matter how dumb Louis was when it came to relationships, he was not going to let Harry go or be taken from him. What he felt for Harry knew no bounds.

"I will pretend you didn't say that and give you one last chance to leave and never come back or I will rip you to shreds." Louis says,

"We aren't leaving without the Omega ." The alpha says and that's all Louis needs before he is in his wolf form and on the other alpha, biting down on his neck.

Louis hurts him enough to have blood oozing out from his neck and then he bites down on his two paws and back legs. He can hear his pack now, battling against the other .

He sees Harry , wounding the wolves and when it is over Louis couldn't be happier.

He goes over to Harry and licks him all over and he doesn't leave his side until their back at their house.

***

"What were you thinking!" Louis almost shouts as soon as Harry and him are in their room.

"I clearly wasn't thinking, Louis. You know I have no control over it!" Harry says, looking like he's about to cry.

Louis sighs and sits besides him, "I'm sorry, haz, I just, I could have lost you today. I don't know what I'd do if that happened."

"You wouldn't even have noticed I left if you were coped up in your study, doing your sums." Harry huffs.

"And that is exactly why I will never do something as dumb as that ever again. I'll just do with you next to me or not but you have to be around." Louis says, looking at Harry who was looking away.

Harry looks at him then, his eyes teary, "I'm sorry Lou I just felt so alone." Harry says, hugging Louis close and feeling his heartbeat.

"And I'm sorry I was dumb enough to not see it. I'm—I'm not good at this has. Mom says there are no rules I can follow so it makes it worse," he hears Harry laugh at that and it makes him feel better , "but I'd do anything for you hazza. I love you." Louis says and it comes easy to him, like it wasn't anything new and Harry should have been hearing this for a long time.

"I love you too. And I understand but I am an Omega who needs his alpha. And I need you Louis. Plus whatever this instinct is, makes me more needy and I have no control over it. I didn't mean to shout at you." Harry says.

"I'm glad you did though. Now what was this thinb I hear about you wanting a baby?" Louis pulls back and looks at Harry with a smile on his lips.

Harry blushes, "who said anything about a baby? I never said anything about a baby."

Louis kind of feels disappointed.

"But babies on the other hand. Maybe three , that I have talked about obsessively." Harry continues.

Louis let's out a laugh, "baby steps Harold. One at a time." Louis says and winks at him.

Harry giggles before Louis presses his lips on Harry's and sighs into the kiss.

He definitely didn't need a set of rules.

••••
Hi this probs sucks and this wasn't supposed to be this long but ok.