"You don't have to act so formal" he told me. I inclined my head down in compliance, with him being an Elder I couldn't help but be respectful. I watched him step up from behind his desk to me; I gave him a frown as he reached for the collar of my shirt; pulling it down a bit showing Caleb's bite that was slowly healing. He had an inquisitive expression.

"Have you heard anything from Caleb yet?" he asked letting go of my shirt and leaning back against his desk with his arms crossed. I gazed at him curiously.

"No, sir" he nodded.

"How are you Avery?" his question sounded like it had a double meaning.

"I'm fine sir" I was seriously confused; I wasn't use to being the reason for someone's concern.

"Are you sure?"

Did he know about Caleb biting me? Was that what he was asking about? I heard his sigh,

"I can smell him Avery you don't have to hide it from me. Tell me what happened?" he asked calmly. I shook my head.

"I really don't know, sir. He has been constantly trying to be with me and I finally agreed to go on a date with him. I keep trying to make him see that he needs to wait for his mate! Am I wrong for doing that?" I asked him desperately

"Am I wrong for wanting him to experience something so special that only his true mate can give?" his face softened as he looked at me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"No Avery you're not, it's just your deep belief that everyone who can have a mate should never go against them in anyway. You're a wanderer and like every wanderer out there they all have the same feelings about it. But, not every mated couple have a happily ever after Avery.

"There are wolves out there that have gone crazed with agony and pain because they have been rejected by their other half or experienced their death. Most the rogues that roam this earth are like they are because of that." I scoffed.

"Yeah I know but Caleb hasn't been rejected or witnessed his mate's death to become one of those unfortunates. He hasn't met them, yet he wants nothing to do with them. I just don't understand that, I don't get how you can push someone away that could love you so deeply and unconditionally."

"Maybe it's his desperation and need to have a chose." he said softly.

"Sir?" I asked.

"Some werewolves don't like the thought of never being able to have a chose; that they're not in control of their own fate. And maybe Caleb's past has some major role in why; he had no chose but to run to save his and his sisters life from Zackary, never being able to settle down and live a normal life. And now that the treat is gone he has a say in what he does and what he wants from now on and I guess he wants you." He pointed to my neck.

"And from that bite on your neck I'm pretty sure that he's serious in claiming what he wants" unconsciously I reached to my neck fingering the indentation of his teeth marks.

"That's not possible for him to bite me and make me his mate. You can only have one and I'm not it" I said stubbornly. Mr. Simons nodded ever so patient.

"That's true, you're 'not' his genuine mate but from the look of things he wants to love you and I know this is hard for you to forget everything you believe in and let him. Plus on top of that protect Aiden like you were born to do but I think it would be the best thing to ever happen to you if you let Caleb in." I was silent for a while looking at the ground in thought.

"Is this coming from the wise Elder side of you or the genuine good guy" I asked him a few minutes later. He smiled,

"How about both" again I sighed but gave a short nodded.

"I will try, but what happens if I by some miracle I fall for him knowing I shouldn't?" he watched me with a sincere expression.

"Then fall Avery, and relish in the opportunity that none of your kind have ever experienced; the feeling of knowing what it's like to love."

Once I had left his class I stood out in the front of the school looking out into the never ending vast expansion of trees that held Caleb within them. I was finally willing to be with him like he wanted but now I had to wait for him to come back to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't we all miss Uncle Jim?? I thought you guys would like a chapter with him can't leave his sexy ass out.