Chap 6

~Caleb~

“Apparently the humans are beginning to complain to their parents about Aiden and Liam.” Levi said as he set his tray down and took a seat. I looked up to him with a frown.

“what are you talking about” I asked confused at the random topic. Levi nodded a greeting over to the blonde boy next to me. He still hasn’t said a thing to anyone. So still no name, even though his false name is Jamie but no one ever calls him that, it wasn’t really him so I’ve decided to call him Blondie.

“I’m talking about, the complaints that the principle is receiving from parents that their children are being subjected to immoral sinners in our school” he scoffed eating a generous amount of mash potatoes.

“so, what are they going to do? They can’t kick them out it’s their last year” I retorted. Levi shrugged placing his spoon down.

“I don’t know but I do know that a few people saw you and Avery the other day and it’s caused a major uproar along with the alpha’s.” he explained. I rolled my eyes.

“this school is beyond ridiculous! Don’t they have their own lives to worry about” I growled. looking around the cafeteria and just now noticing the weird stares I was getting from people. I couldn’t help but chuckled at how this was turning into another Aiden incident. But there was a difference between me and Aiden.

One- I was no puny human you could push around.

Two-I was proud to be who I was and they could whine to their parents all they want but it’s not going to change my ways.

“your laughing?” Levi said his face in amusement. I shrugged shaking my head.

“why not, I think it’s hilarious that they think glaring at me is going to scare me off; that running to their parents like spoiled little brats is supposed to intimidate me.” Levi didn’t say anything so I continued to finish my lunch. My thought went back to that day in the hall where Avery and I had a moment. I was beginning to realize that every time Avery and I would get really close like that he would run away. The looks that crossed his face in those situations were clear as day. He was scared of something, but what? Was he scared of admitting his feelings towards me or was he scared to being close like that to someone in general.

I know that since he’s a wanderer he has never held those kinds of feeling for anyone but was he really that terrified to even try? I couldn’t accept that. I wouldn’t! I had set my sights on Avery and I planned on getting what I wanted but was what I was going for more than I planned it to be? Was I just looking for a quick lay in Avery? Well no. I want more than that. To think of all the people I’ve slept with I have never once made a relationship out of them but with Avery it was different. Ever since I saw him I was attracted to him yes, but I wanted to have more than a one night stand, it was difficult but I was going to tear down that wall he has built and tread some new waters. I think he’s worth it. 

 “hey are you going to take the kid to class?” Levi asked as I stood up.