A Snily Story: Consign to Oblivion Amends

The rain was pounding on the castle of Hogwarts' roof as Severus Snape walked awkwardly up to Gryffindor Tower. A Slytherin on with Gryffindor territory was unheard of and highly unacceptable. Slytherin and Gryffindor rivalry had gone back centuries before and Severus knew well that what he was doing was risky, and if caught, was bound to end up in the hospital wings sporting various kinds of repugnant hexes.

As if he wasn't already grotesque enough with his sallow, snow-coloured skin, jet black, greasy long hair and dark potholes for eyes.

He turned and walked up the abandon corridor which he had seen his least favourite people in the whole of his time at Hogwarts: Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, led by the arrogant and self-absorbed James Potter and his best friend who was just as bit as conceited, Sirius Black, go up frequently.

It was barely 6 o'clock on this Saturday evening and all had gone so wrong in just one week, prior to his O.W.L. exams. As if he wasn't agitated enough as to take the troublesome tests; now he was walking along one of the most dangerous corridors for someone of his size, stature and house.

As Severus walked, he often looked back down the hallway, scared that someone had seen him enter, and possibly debating whether he should go back or not. 'You've got to do this,' Severus thought, forcefully as though he was convincing a crowd, rather than just himself. 'If you don't, you'll lose her for sure.'

So he went, down the slightly dimmed corridor, pondering. What would he say? How was he to convince her that it was an accident? He bear upon the worst possible thought: would she forgive him? Would she leave him alone? She knew perfectly well that he had no other real friends. Would she go to such extents?

He was approaching an old wooden staircase now. Having never been in this part of the castle, not to mention this old corridor that nestled itself within its midst, all Severus could do was keep walking. He grabbed the uneven surface of the railing that was bound to give him multiple splinters, and was on the fifth step when he heard gloating and laughing, floating down the stairs.

He whipped his head around anxiously, his shoulder-length greasy, black hair smacking the sides of his pale face. He mustn't let anybody see him. The voices and snickers were growing louder by the second, and Severus was still in full view. He was looking around frantically until his eyes laid upon a small gap between the staircase and the wall. If he could just squeeze through the gap, he could sit under the stairs and nobody would be able to see him.

Severus leapt off of the stairs and squeezed himself through the gap, warping his body into awkward positions to enable entry. Finally, after tilting his head so straight to allow his long crooked nose to disappear through the crack, Severus sat amongst the cobwebs and spiders, waiting until the bypassing students were out of earshot in view of him.

'Come on, Moony, You never do anything,' said the familiar sneering voice of James Potter. 'All you do is read'. Severus could see through the cracks of the stairs to whom James was addressing. A rather slim and quiet boy with mousy brown hair and rosy pink scratch marks dressing his face, and holding a book: 'Defence Against Werewolves, Giants and other Half-Breeds' by the name of Remus Lupin. He closed his book and said sombrely,'well, excuse me for not wanting to fail my exams. I wouldn't be surprised if you two even scraped up a "P".

'Nah, I'd be surprised if I got lower than an "E" on all my O.W.L.s,' came a third voice Sirius Black; curly-haired, and handsome continued rather stunned. 'And what's the point in reading this book?' He emphasized the "this" as he grabbed the book and shoved it into Remus' face. 'Can you even see what it says Moony? Defence Against WEREWOLVES, Giants and other Half-Breeds. WHY IN THE NAME OF GRYFFINDOR WOULD YOU BE STUDYING THIS?!YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS STUFF!!' PROBABLY BETTER THAN THE GIT WHO WROTE IT!!!' barked Sirius.