Copper

Note: This gets somewhat nsfw

Note: This gets somewhat nsfw...but barely.

The house was cozy, nothing too big or extravagant, which was exactly what Marko had been expecting. The girl stumbles in the dark living room, searching for a light switch, mumbling words Marko didn't care much to hear. Marko didn't need lights, unlike the girl, he could see clearly in the dark. It was one of the many perks of being what he was.

"This is home, I guess," [Name] announces, glancing around the room with a nervous smile. She's always so shy, so nervous to be around. Marko still wasn't too sure what his aim on her was. He could eat her, it would be so easy, and that would be the end. He could even pin it on her damn step-brother too, which would make clean-up less of a hassle.

On the other hand, Marko had thought about luring the girl into his lifestyle, secretly, of course. Marko knew that the last thing David wanted was another Star. Or even worst, Max would find out about this. The head vampire was an absolute nut and had this insane idea of forming a family, hence the creation of Star and Laddie.

It was much easier to pin those failures on Max, after all, they had consumed his blood. But something about [Name], just a hunch, made Marko believe she was different. Unlike the failure of Star and those before her, Marko felt that [Name] could run with the boys.

Or he could be terribly wrong.

"It's cozy," Marko replied, looking at one of the frames on the white walls. It showed a young girl, which he presumed was [Name], and another man—not the same one from the other frames.

Marko assumed it might have been her real father, not that it mattered. The domestic lifestyle was one he abandoned decades ago and he wasn't seeing himself jumping back into it in the near future.

"Are you sure you don't mind being here?" [Name] asked, breaking his trance on the frame.

Marko waved off the girl's concern, "I got nothing better to do." That wasn't necessarily true, he would have already been eating if he wasn't here.

"Oh, okay, that's fine too. There's not much to do here either," [Name] sheepishly admitted, tugging the hem of her sleeves.

As soon as those words left her mouth, a window of opportunity opened and Marko didn't hesitate to take it.

"Can I see your room?" Marko asked with a leer, both hands in his jacket pockets, waiting for the girl's response.

Clearly, the girl's survival instincts weren't all there, but Marko had figured that the moment she let him in the house.

The blush on her face spread rapidly forest fire, and she couldn't help but squeak a bit, "If you want to."

The sneer stayed on Marko's face, as he came closer to the girl, urging her upstairs, "Lead the way."