Chapter 1

Calum opened his eyes. "huh where am I" calum meowed. A cat with a brown striped pelt padded up to him. " oh its glad to see you're awake" the brown tabby mewed. "who are you" calum stared at him. "I am the clan leader Bramblestar" he answered. "I never caught you're name" Bramblestar meowed. " I'm Calum" he mewed. " are you interested in being a medicine cat or warrior?" bramble star asked calum. " um what is that?" bramble star explained those things to calum.

"Medicine cat" calum answered. "fine answer, can you wake your friends up?" the leader mewed. "uh sure" calum meowed.

Which one was who, calum thought. there was a strange lilac purple cat. " that must be Michael" calum thought out loud. " Hey Michael get up". Michael opened his eyes. " calum why are you a cat?" Michael meowed. "so are you" he mocked. " what " Michael looked at his paw." I'm purple!!!" he yelled. " uh Michael shut up!" it was Luke. "hey bud get up" calum meowed. "why?" Luke looked at him. " i know I'm a cat". Luke stared at Michael." why is he...". "We know!!!" Michael interrupted. " Hey keep it down I'm trying to sleep". it was ash and he was rolling on moss.

Calum finally get them up and headed over to Bramble star." bramble star !" calum called out. "oh there you are calum" he mewed." who this guy?" Michael asked calum. " I am bramble star, and you are". "Michael,Ashton and this is Luke" calum answered. "wonderful" he meowed jumping on to a high rock. "Cats old enough to catch their own prey join beneath the highrock for a clan meeting" he called out. Many cats came from dens of some sort. " The cats we found last night are awake now, and one has agreed to be the medicine cat apprentice!" he continued."calum what did you do?" Ash asked.

All of the cat agreed to be in the clan, but calum was the only medicine cat. They were also named. ash is thud paw, mike is sea paw, calum is dark paw, and Luke is sun paw. "so when do we start training?" Sun paw asked. "right now" sun paws mentor mewed. they all left leaving dark paw alone. he still didn't know who his mentor was.

Calum walked out of the place all the cats lived in and padded down a hill. there was a huge lake right before his eyes. he looked up into the sky. the sun was right above him. a beam of light lead him to a hill. " what's that?" he stared at the beam. he walked closer and fell into the lake." woah!" shouted calum. his black fur was drenched. "oh geez why is that so cold" he shivered. then he noticed how the air smelled differently then when he was a human.

As calum walked on the air changed scents. " huh that's weird the air doesn't change smells" mewed calum. he saw cats walking towards him and they didn't look happy. " Hey don't you thunder clan cats know you can't cross borders. " Cross borders?" dark paw asked. " you're a kitty pet aren't you?" the cat mewed. " no I'm an apprentice" he meowed. " ha" one laughed. " ill teach what happens when you cross shadow clan border!" he yelled.