twenty four | the gods seem to hate me

As soon as Shiratorizawa's match ended, Shiori took off; bolting from the scene as if her life depended on it.

This sparked two things.

1) the question of where she went, and

2) the mystery of why Ushijima looked so stricken from this fact.

(although, the second item was quickly solved after the team noticed the firetruck red blush covering their captain's face.)

The rookie ace was the first one vocalize the thoughts swarming around the room.

"Did something happen to Shiori-san?" Tsutomu asked, concern creeping into his voice.

The upperclassmen turned to look at him. To be able to detect concern in the little ace's voice was a very rare occurrence. Normally, the only words that made it past his lips were ones drenched with arrogance and pride.

"I-It's not that I care or anything!" He rushes to add in. "Shiori-san can do anything she wants to!"

A sigh is collectively exhaled across the team as tsundere tsutomu once again makes his appearance.

Satori takes the newfound silence as his opportunity to pounce. He begins by *nonchalantly* tossing an arm around the (very broad!) shoulders of Ushijima before opening his mouth, preparing to talk in an obnoxiously boisterous volume.

"Say, Wakatoshi-kun," he bellows. "Would you happen to know where our manager-chan went?"

Ushijima reddens instantly.

Internally, Tendō cackles in delight.

Externally, Tendō also cackles in delight. (although in a much more secluded manner)

This was playing out exactly according to plan.

"So you do know Wakatoshi-kun!" He hollers. "Well then, out with it! Where did she go?"

Ushijima's eyes flicker around, hoping that by some miracle, no one else had been able to hear their conversation.

Unfortunately, the gods did not grant his request. The entire team had been listening in.

And even worse, they were all looking at him expectantly, just waiting for his answer.

Ushijima makes a mental note to himself that Tendō is to do one hundred jump serves when they get back to Shiratorizawa.

He hesitates a bit before ultimately sighing dejectedly.

"...Aoba Jōsai's match with Karasuno," he mutters.

People start speaking all at once.

"What?"

"Why them?"

"Seriously?"

Satori however, is the only one that remains silent.

And this serves to frighten Ushijima even more, because a silent Tendō is a scheming Tendō.

And that's never a good sign.