c h a p t e r 6

"This is the stop for... U.A. Academy." A speaker blared in the far corner of the right. A horde of students dressed in the same grey suit with two green stripes on the collar with green bottoms, skirts for the girls and dress pants for the guys. Aggressively, I mess around with the uncomfortable tie, eventually leaving the red tie hanging loose. I walk out in black sneakers, ankle weights placed on top of it of about 10 pounds on each foot.

I follow people to the familiar school from a month ago, before slinging the other strap of my backpack over my back. Inside, there were school supplies, the usual, but there were also old coupons, my phone, eye drops, lip balm, and lotion.

Walking in, I lead myself using the map given to us in the mail. I eventually lead myself to my homeroom. I recognize the two people at the door as Midoriya and the brunette girl, rambling away at the front of the room.

"'Scuse me." I mutter, contorting my body to not disturb them. Walking towards an empty desk, my head is kept down, reading the rules and protocols once again in the letter. My head bumps into a stiff body, causing a growing throb to erupt on the top of my head. I clutch in pain as I look up.

It was the guy from before, who sat next to me in the exam orientation. His face was blank as ever.

"You are the person from the exams." He states. He seems so professional.

Too suffocating.

"Yeah. Iida, wasn't it?"

"That is affirmative. You must have realized how the test was. I misjudged your abilities. I am sorry. I hate to say it, but you are superior to my abilities." He looks away in shame.

"It's fine. I'm Amachi Etsuko." I mumble as he nods, acknowledging my name. I walk to an empty desk, next to Bakugo. It would have been nice to sit in the back, but someone already occupied the seat, their backpack placed underneath. As I passed Bakugo, he glared at me before whisking his head the other way.

Slipping the backpack underneath the desk, I plop down onto the seat, crossing my legs and lying back. I close my eyes.

I must have dozed off, a girl with jet black hair in a high ponytail and porcelain skin waking me up. She shakes me as I stand up from my desk, frazzled.

"The teacher arrived while you were asleep. He told us to get changed into uniforms and go to the field. I was assigned to wake you up." I nod. "I am Yaoyorozu Momo." She introduces herself, smiling slightly.

"Amachi Etsuko." She nods as we both leave the room, walking to the changing rooms in an awkward silence.

Hurriedly, we rush to the field, where our homeroom teacher stood. He tells us that there was going to be a Quirk assessment test. Instantly, everyone freaks out.

Our teacher, who someone told me was named Shoto Aizawa, had a raggedy appearance, dressed in an all-black outfit with a grey belt. Around his neck were bandages, all worn out and turning dirty. His hair was shaggy and frizzed up. His eyes were drooping and bags were visible under his eyes. He had a mustache and a beard, both were not shaved for days, maybe months.

Some people protest, such as the girl from the exams, but he retorts by saying how there are no traditions in the school, meaning the teachers could handle their classes in any way they wanted.