Chapter 1- A New Beginning

"Fight Song" starts playing as Emily walks into the studio.

Emily POV
We did it. The Next Step won. But this doesn't feel like a victory...

Flashback
Michelle looks at Emily backstage. "Emily, I've been thinking a lot about this and... It's time for me to go. I need to leave The Next Step."
"Wait, are you serious? The Next Step needs you Michelle!" Emily says.
"But do I need The Next Step? Emily, this whole studio head thing. It's holding me back!"
End of flashback

Without Michelle, we would never be here. We wouldn't have won anything. Can I really pull it off alone?

The dancers are in the dance floor. There are only 6 of them though. Richelle starts dancing.

Richelle's POV
We won regionals. But we lost a lot. We lost so many talented dancers. But I'm optimistic. I deafeated the last barrier that held me back from being a star dancer. Now, I'm unstoppable!

Jacquie starts dancing.

Jacquie's POV
After Noah and I broke up, nothing's the same anymore. We barely talk now. Everything will be different without him on the same team as me.

Kingston starts dancing.

Kingston POV
I went from being a basement dancer, to winning Regionals! That's crazy. I'm sad that this year I won't have my best friend on the same team as me. After Regionals, Ozzy realized that competitive dancing just isn't for him.

Piper starts dancing.

Piper POV
I feel so confident. I nailed that aerial and I nailed that dance. I'm at the top of my game now. Nationals, here I come.

Finn starts dancing.

Finn POV
Piper and I have grown much closer than before. But something feels weird. I don't know if she is the ons for me anymore...

Summer starts dancing.

Summer POV
After Regionals, Henry got discovered by a dance agent. He got the chance to compete in the biggest hip hop competition in the world. I can't hold him back, although I want to.

Emily POV
This year, we have to replace half of our team. But we will do it and we will win Nationals

                                 ***
Emily goes to the dancers. "Ok everyone gather up!"
They all stand around her.
"We won't be holding auditions like we have done in the past. Each and everyone of you deserves to go to Nationals. So we will hold auditions to have 6 new teammates. Each one of you will choose one person in the auditions to join the team."
The dancers gasp.

Summer POV
I don't like having this much responsibility to be honest.

"Are we clear?" Emily says.
"Yes!" They all say.
Piper goes to Finn. "So what do you think about all of this?"
"Me? I don't really care to be honest." He says shrugging.
"We lost Noah. Kenzie. Ozzy. Henry. They all were excellent dancers." Piper says.
"TNS always finds a way to come back stronger than before." Finn says. "You lost dancers before I came too. And that turned out for the best."
Piper laughs. "Don't overestimate yourself."
Finn giggles.
Meanwhile, Richelle, Jacquie and Summer stay together.
"The auditions should start soon." Summer says.
In that moment, Davis enters the studio.
Richelle looks at Jacquie. "What is she doing here?"
Jacquie looks surprised and goes to Davis. "What do you think you're doing here?"
"Ummm, auditioning?" Davis replies without looking at her.
"Davis, TNS is not the right place for you." Jacquie says.
"No Jacquie. You're the only one that keeps me away from TNS. Can't you see how much I want this?" Davis says.
"Isn't Encore going to Nationals anyway?"
"Yeah, they won another Regionals. But I don't wanna be on a cheating team. I want my talent to be the reason that we get that trophy." She says.
Jacquie sighs. "I can't change your mind, can I?"
"Nope."
"Well good luck then" Jacquie says.
"Thanks." Davis says smiling.
A young boy enters the studio in that moment.
"Alex!" Emily shouts.
"Emily!" He says and hugs her.
"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Madison?" Emily says.
"Actually, I switched with Michelle. She got the chance to be on a touring musical in USA and went to live with our mom. I came here." Alex says. "I just love everything about TNS and I can't wait to start training here!" He says.
"That's amazing. Good luck!" Emily says and smiles at him. She then grabs a mic.
"Ok everyone! Welcome! The auditions will be held in two hours. Until then, you can have a look around the studio." Emily says.
Finn goes to a blonde girl. "Hi, I'm Finn."
"Hey, I'm Laura. Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too. Are you auditioning?" Finn says.
"Yep. I thought I would give it a try." Laura says with a dead look.
"Do you want a tour around the studio?" Finn says.
"Mind if I tag along?" Another girl says.
"No problem." Finn says.
"I'm Kaylee." She says smiling. "I'm an acro dancer."
"I love acro!" Finn says. "I'm an acro master."
"You didn't even do a backflip on the Regionals final dance." Piper said and laughed.
"You are not the one to talk about acro Pipes." He says and giggles.

Kaylee POV
These people seem really nice. I may have fun here after all.

Laura POV
I love dancing. But I don't like socializing with the other dancers.

"Shall we go?" Finn says.
"Certainly." Kaylee says smiling.

                              ***
Kate enters the studio.
"Emily! Just the person I wanted to talk to." She says.
"Miss Kate! Hi!" Emily says. "Are you here to watch the auditions?"
"Ummm, not exactly." Kate says. "I'm giving you your last chance to buy the studio."
"Miss Kate. The price is too high. I can't possibly pay that much money." Emily says.
"Then, I'm gonna find someone that can." Kate says. "Sorry Emily."
Emily looks stressed.

End of chapter