MENTOR WISHLIST'S

Start from the beginning

Don't send me: Romance/Chick Lit, traditional teen fiction (high school setting, and that includes magical schools, and teen drama themes), historic fiction (unless it's a fresh spin on the Titanic Disaster or the Civil Rights Movement), Humor, Western, Poetry, Non-Fiction, Religion, Horror and Fan-Fiction. No Bad Boys, please, no matter how hot (though I like a good brooding character)

Even though I love plot twists and chapter cliffhangers, no stories with cliffhanger endings or unresolved plot ARCs. However, story doesn't have to have a HEA if the plot calls for it.

No omniscient view, no I-narration with more than two different POVs. More POVs okay in third-person limited. It goes without saying that characters should be multi-dimensional and complex.

Saintc wishlist:

Saint Caliendo is looking for diverse characters and themes within the Romance, Low Fantasy, Historical Fantasy, Slice of Life, Young Adult Fiction, New Adult Fiction, Humor and Paranormal genres. She currently has a big interest in Nurodivergency, Mermaids, Werewolves, Disability, College Fiction, and Demons.

Saint is not a good fit for Horror, Science Fiction, Crime, Mystery/Thriller, and Historical Fiction. She also asked not to be sent dialogue/chat stories, and stories revolving around robotics.

SebJenkins wishlist:

I'm looking for any author who has a great passion for horror writing. That includes the paranormal, murder, zombies, ghosts, monsters, crime, thrillers, and all things terrifying.

squirrelg wishlist:

Gladys is mainly looking for thriller and suspense, or other genres that have strong suspense, action, or psychological elements. She loves stories that make you wonder heavily about ethics, philosophy, or human psychology. She is mainly looking for books in the adult market segment; she likes books that are dark and morally ambiguous. Sci-fi would probably make her happy; fantasy is less of her domain but she can give it a go as long as it's action-focused, not heavy on exposition, and you can tell her about your magic system like she can tell you about physics.

What she isn't so fond of: religion, horror, dystopian, fantastical creatures, zombies, a huge cast of main characters, clear distinctions of right and wrong, epics, and pure romance/erotica. Anything that requires a deep historical background is also out of her depth.

Bonus points for:

Complex characters and a mess of motives that give heart attacks

Humour! Witty humour! Timely humour!

Characters that she would want to know in real life (should you be concerned that she'd want to know the dodgy ones to pick their brains?)

Inventive science

Wholesome friendships and sibling relationships

Genre blends

Trope twisting

Australia and/or where popular fiction never visits

Being an excellent person and wanting to be friends

tayxwriter wishlist:

The sort of books that will have her turning the pages like a mad woman are romantic whirlwinds. Give her a slow burning ship that can root for until the last page and forever after, and she's happy. Young Adult or New Adult are her preferred genres but you can often find her curled up on the couch with a novel filled to the brim with suspense, drama, and life lessons. Give her something that brings her to tears (it's impossible).